cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want To Buy An Oculus Rift At Best Buy Saturday? We Called The Stores… Don’t Bother!

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
43 REPLIES 43

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I have to say..people on ebay are making a killing selling there rifts CV1..its like gold dust and oculus is raising this demand. How the hell can people pre-order a rift and it is allowed that someone can simply walk into a retail shop and purchase the thing out right and oculus, allow this?
This is definately very wrong and is almost a good enough reason to cancel my pre-order. There is no customer support via phone just blasted email where generic emails are sent..I am p*ssed to say the least. We should setup a pertition and send it to oculus so they take so more seriously!

what do u guys think?

kzintzi
Trustee

andyring said:

I'll say it again - isn't it wonderful that Oculus are selling shedloads of VR HMDs.

Aren't we revelling in the success of VR and thanking that young lad Palmer Luckey for what he has done?

I agree with you that we owe Palmer a big vote of thanks and he has done an amazing job of making VR happen... he had the right idea at the right time, and he was lucky enough that people listened and agreed with him and he created Oculus and, as much as we all are annoyed at the delays and lack of communication, this isn't directly Palmer's fault. 

Having said that, one of the older more experienced people around him should have said "no, you need a proper PR department to manage communications, because you're not even 30 yet", and "no, you need someone who's experienced with logistics right from the beginning, and you need to listen to them". doesn't seem like anyone said these things, either at all, or with enough force behind it to make it happen.

+10 points for having the idea to combine all the various tech that existed to create the rift, -10 points for not listening to the people around you (or for those people to not have said this) when they said "lets do this the right way, and get people who know what the hell they are doing"... either way someone screwed up.. 

I do think someone should break his twitter thumbs though, the guy needs to stop being a 23yr old defending his dream from all the trolls out here (and I'll admit I've been poking the pile as much as others so I'm not casting blame here). hell, there's a LOT of evidence out there now that frontal lobe development and the ability to map actions to their consequences doesn't form properly in males until they're in their 30's.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Did I write anywhere on this thread that is Oculus fault? 😐
I wrote "LOL this is gold", meaning I found funny that also the retailers will have shortage.
Don't put in my mouth words I never said please.

With all the poopoo spam you're holding in there, I don't think there's room for words to be put in your mouth.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

Zenbane said:
Will all the poopoo spam you're holding in there, I don't think there's room for words to be put in your mouth.

At least I spam news about Oculus, in the appropriate forum, not like you spamming news about Vive that nobody cares. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:
Will all the poopoo spam you're holding in there, I don't think there's room for words to be put in your mouth.

At least I spam news about Oculus, in the appropriate forum, not like you spamming news about Vive that nobody cares. 

The "HTC Vive Reviews Thread" is 13 pages long now:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/380419

And just a quick grab from the top list of searching for Vive on this forum:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/380435
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/380493

I posted one single Vive thread about defects, and you say that I'm spamming about Vive... which proves that your reading ability is limited to copy n paste of headlines geared solely towards trolling.

Speedy-JohnnyE-
Explorer
Its a joke ??? Sold out and high price offers ..

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

Its a joke ??? Sold out and high price offers ..

No joke, those are private vendors on Amazon. They can price it as much as they want.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So who's preparing for 9AM PST?

Anonymous
Not applicable
did amazon have like one while microsoft had none?

sabyyy
Protege
Isn't it 9:10 am PST now?