cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien isolation CV1 and Vorpx Topic

NjayNL
Protege
Hi All,

i can confirm AI works with the latest vorpx and the cv1.

only a few issues remain:

• FOV when setting to 100 it seems you are to high up in the air
  • When you move your head left or right the image tends to bend a bit
  • Need to overide xbox controller otherwise headtracking will not work

If more folks can test this and post there settings and results here i am sure we are going to have a good experience with the cv1
22 REPLIES 22

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
Yes, all I changed in the ENGINE_SETTINGS.xml file was the FOV and the resolution. I tried attaching the file to this post but the forum says I'm not allowed.

Basically I changed one of the resolutions to what I wanted
<Quality name="960x1080"    resolutionX="960" resolutionY="1080"    precedence="15"/>
and I changed one of the field of view options to this:
<Quality name="110"     float="110.0" precedence="3"/>
and then selected them in game.

In VorpX I'm using stereo separation of 1.77, Override Xbox Controller on. My other VorpX settings are default I think. pixel 1:1 and Zoom 1.00

I have to re-enable positional headtracking in the in-game VorpX menu each time I play.

I'm using the DK2 so my settings may be different to your ideal settings. I'm using the low resolution to match the DK2 display for performance reasons.

Today I can't see the bending of the image when turning, I wonder if it was asynchronous timewarp distorting the image when the fps got very low? I have turned all the graphics settings down. Do you still get bending?

Luciferous
Consultant
Thanks for posting those settings do not work well on a CV1. Has some really weird affects when setting to 110 FOV.

NjayNL
Protege
The settings work fine for me .. no more bending think it has to do with your resolution settings of 960x1080 . it's playable but it's not perfect

macd81
Protege
I'm playing with reso 2160x1200 and 120 degree FOV on a CV1.  I changed the 3D mode to Z-adaptive for performance reasons.  Looks good, plays great!  I wanted the higher resolution so text was more easily read. Really looks nice.

NjayNL
Protege
Can you share all your vorpx settings ? 

michaelferguson
Explorer
can anyone do a step by step, this seems harder then i thought 

Anonymous
Not applicable

macd81 said:

I'm playing with reso 2160x1200 and 120 degree FOV on a CV1.  I changed the 3D mode to Z-adaptive for performance reasons.  Looks good, plays great!  I wanted the higher resolution so text was more easily read. Really looks nice.

dont you get shadow and lighting issues? im getting those all over, ruins the game.

teclis17
Honored Guest
^Same here. I can't find a playable solution yet in cv1

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
I bought VorpX ....what a fkn rip off ! ill never download their software again ...... constant messages telling me "invalid license " .. then all I get is a automated message telling me to try "insert code here " ..and still the same bloody message ...not a happy bunny regarding VorpX ... I wont recommend it to anyone

DarkTenka
Trustee

I bought VorpX ....what a fkn rip off ! ill never download their software again ...... constant messages telling me "invalid license " .. then all I get is a automated message telling me to try "insert code here " ..and still the same bloody message ...not a happy bunny regarding VorpX ... I wont recommend it to anyone

It sounds to me like you still need to send the request code email. Have you actually gotten it to work? .. it works fine for me.