cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say thanks for the non-bitchy members of our community for keeping cool.

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
I'm seeing a lot of complaints about Rift delays, going to Vive, whining and complaining about anything and everything and I just wanted to say thanks to those that have been around since the beginning and are staying strong against the backdrop of this forums temporary downfall. All people ever do is complain these days and yes, while it's a bad situation it's not the end of the world and there's no need to be so overly dramatic. So I'm glad that the good users that don't make a big deal and stay civilized still stay around and keep this place worthwhile amidst all the overly dramatic chaos.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?
32 REPLIES 32

Bad_Santa
Protege
Im delighted because when it comes to multiplayer in the rift eventually , it seems that all the childish impatient whinge bags have ended up switching to vive  😄 😄 😄

Cmndr-Hill
Expert Protege

dead4sure said:

One thing I've learned is that a large number of VR enthusiasts are made up of hyper, over sensitive drama queens, don't know why, but it just is.

I'm only guessing here, but I would say there's a good chance that a high number of VR enthusiasts are people that have some kind of psychological characteristic that makes real life less than fun. While in AltspaceVR last night, a group of us got talking. Out of 8/9-ish people it turned out that we all worked in IT in some form and we all had social interaction issues (to put it simply). A total coincidence perhaps, but I think we were all drawn to VR because it offers a more immersive type of escapism where we can experience things with others without fear of accidentally breaking social conventions.

I think VR is potentially more than a game to many people, so it's a tough wait. I also acknowledge that a great many people are quite impatient and demanding. I think people have forgotten that others create products that they then offer to us in return for money. Nobody is obliged to make anything but people take everything for granted and have a strange mindset that says consumers are here to be served. Consumerism has become a bit strange I think. 

You have a good point. Looking at my own life, excapism is a big  draw for me.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
On the other hand, I will bitch and whine as long as I please. So suck it up.

blue-steel
Expert Protege

Trilby said:

Unfortunately, Palmer and the entire Oculus crew pushed our expectations over the top.  Let's face it, pre-orders were to ship 3/28.  I'm still here patiently waiting... 

yea over the top expectations on them making product and shipping it when they said they would.  Yea...

Kuraika
Expert Protege

I couldn't care less about the delay. I can play all the CV1 games with the DK2, too. So if the CV1 will arrive at my doorstep, it will be a resolution and comfort upgrade. So until it's there I go the low res way.

Just hoping that the touch controllers wont be as late as the hmd.

Choronzon
Adventurer
'Oh isn't it terrible! Those nasty little trolls...I feel like crying ... '

If members can't handle robust discussion then perhaps they should join a knitting circle.

PS Urban Dictionary definition of a knitting circle: 'A lesbian orgy or a female version of a circle jerk.' I want to join a knitting circle.

LZoltowski
Champion
@GableRatchet ... yes conversation is great , even a heated one .. but name calling? insults? ... I left primary school a long time ago .. Im not here to listen to that kind of childish behaviour.  Id like to think I am in the company of intelligent, articulate adults who share the same passion?

Leave trolling to youtube and hormonal Taylor Swift fans ... honestly .. wtf

edit: Isn't that kind of a fantasy for most str8 men anyway? ... a strange insult.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Synthetic
Rising Star
I dun care im here to get as many games and experiences working as I can

Choronzon
Adventurer
@LZoltowski Honestly... wtf...

Zoomie
Expert Trustee

@RikkTheGaijin I was really hoping your post in this thread was simply going to read "You're welcome"

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke