cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job openings due to STAFF jumping ship...who is next?

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
13 REPLIES 13

Percy1983
Superstar
Member of staff fancies new challenge and wants to make a difference, good on her.

Who is next? Who knows. Will she be replaced? Certainly. Will Oculus carry on? Certainly.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star

I give you +10 points for the dramatic title. -100 for the content.

Someone left, big whoop.

All we need is a competent Supply Chain department and @Cybereality and we're good.

Anonymous
Not applicable
she's dropping work on VR headsets to fight disease

Talk about click-bait title... I'm pretty sure even Oculus are happy about this. If she can make a big difference in MRI technology she could potentially save one of our lives!! 

nosys70
Expert Protege
now oculus is no more a developping company but a delivering (? at least it should !)  company, most of the people will jump out of the ship.
Now day to day problems will be about pushing box at fast rate and giving support, that's usually not what people working in a startup are looking for.

LZoltowski
Champion
What a woman .. I am very happy for her ... ugh .. another trolling post. When will the madness stop!

In other news .... It's sunny outside here in the UK .... IT MUST BE THE END DAYS!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

I've left a few companies in my time... I think they're all still going... wtf

Cmndr-Hill
Expert Protege

What a woman .. I am very happy for her ... ugh .. another trolling post. When will the madness stop!

In other news .... It's sunny outside here in the UK .... IT MUST BE THE END DAYS!

If it was a sunny bank holiday weekend then I would be woried

RirtualVeality
Adventurer

samsungtx said:

"Jumping ship" suggests that the ship is sinking.  It isn't.  So this is incorrect.

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
That doesn't mean anything.  Brilliant people get bored quickly.  She probably helped solve the big challenges in front of her getting the Rift to CV1 and decided to do something new.  From this point out the Rift development will probably be more iterative than revolutionary (at least for a few years).  That might not be as interesting to some people who are really looking for a challenge.