cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone getting their Rifts ahead of schedule?

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I know we have a number of posts dedicated to shipping time of Rift pre-orders. I am legitimately interested in knowing if any of you have got your Rifts ahead of the new estimated shipping dates, during that time frame, or afterwards (or still waiting).

I am a US based order and when the delay was announced was given a new estimate of May 23rd - June 2nd (originally was estimated for April)

I've heard a few people say that theirs came early, anyone else that luckey lucky?
18 REPLIES 18

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Mine arrived early.  Shipping window 25 Apr - 5 May and it shipped on 23 April, arriving 26 April.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

K33L
Protege

I haven't gotten anything, no email, no charge, I'm in the May 2nd - May 12th window, so I'd say for the most part they aren't ahead of schedule anymore.  May also just be my location, I live in Kentucky, my allocation is probably with the north or the south either one, or maybe a Mideast, who really knows.

water_
Adventurer

I know there are people ahead of me who haven't received theirs yet but I have a 5/9-5/19 window and all I can think about is "screw everyone in front of me, PLEASE let it ship May 9th".

It probably wont ship until the 18th or 19th 😞

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer

keithianw said:

It seems to me in watching the Reddit US thread that most are getting their order shipped in their timeframes. They are currently in the May 2-12th timeframe and are around the 7 minute 56 second time stamp.

Do you mean the original estimate?  Or the revised later estimate?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine arrived early in the UK, revised shipping was end of May to the beggining of June but it arrived on the 3rd of May

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Received mine more than 2 weeks early (in Germany). Estimated ship date was 05/15-05/29 but I received it on April 29th. That way Oculus even met their original shipping estimate from 01/06 (April).

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer

Litespeed said:

Received mine more than 2 weeks early (in Germany). Estimated ship date was 05/15-05/29 but I received it on April 29th. That way Oculus even met their original shipping estimate from 01/06 (April).

Must be nice to live overseas I guess lol....

AvengerUK
Explorer
I got my rift roughly 3 weeks ahead of schedule. UK here, estimate was 15th May on-wards, received on the 29th April

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is highly oversimplified but the theme is overseas you're likely in better shape depending on region and they're ahead of schedule, US falling behind again. I've heard several reports of US orders going a few days to a week behind the newest estimates. I'll find out myself as soon as my order is 5/23-6/2