Dying on the inside... (Update about preorder issues, life problems, etc.) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dying on the inside... (Update about preorder issues, life problems, etc.)

Pr3Ci510nPr3Ci510n Posts: 23
Brain Burst
edited May 2016 in General
Hi, it's me, Alex again. I made a new post that might be the rest of my update, since the Preorder Mega Thread Discussion is now gone. It has to do with a lot of problems with my life, like my bad Mother's Day today, my Oculus preorder, and terrible future...

First, I'll start with my problems with the Oculus Preorder-Scheme that is keeping me angry, my closest Best Buy, is at Chula Vista, CA. I am nowhere near that. Of course, my mom doesn't want to drive me there yesterday, people get Oculus Rifts at Best Buy before me, pissed. Of course, I preordered on the first day, people got it earlier, due to me not knowing that the preorder was open 5 minutes earlier than the countdown timer and people being greedy jerks and not telling anyone. Where do I have to go, the Deep Web, Ha... No. So after that, website errors happened, and the website was down for five minutes and now I'm here with $1,200 Rifts on eBay, oh wait, now they're $800 and will most likely be that when I receive mine, thanks Oculus. And even people buying them at Best Buy are beating me. Guess what, there might be more scalpers now and I'm still waiting for my preorder. It makes me want to get a Vive even more due to the fact that first, the preorder issues, and second, I now might have birthday money to get an HTC Vive. Oh wait, I have no room for Room-Scale, so I can't play most of the games for the HTC Vive. I would have to move a lot of things, just to ruin the house... and yes, I would have to move my PC to the living room... :neutral:

Second, my bad Mother's Day today, it was bad... Everything was fine until I tilted my foot on a curb, and it felt like I broke my foot, when going back, this was when arguments with my brother and my mom happened, and I felt like killing myself... If you haven't heard of my life issues before, look at my comments at my profile, not the most disliked one, that was when I was really angry... My brother's arguments are still continuing when I'm still typing this, it's ridiculous. I even feel like becoming a cyberbully, and beating up everyone at my school due to my terrible life...

Third, I will conclude with my terrible future. Me not having my Rift or being able to have an HTC Vive is not helping me, It's making me want to die more. I feel like nobody cares about me, I have no friends at school, I am always yelled at by my brother at home, I always wanted to create video games, but my brother want me to create music (because I'm poor), I made my ideas, but no one will put them to life, I want to attempt suicide, or even worse, if I'm still living later, kill everyone due to my terrible life. I haven't enjoyed my youth at all and my youth is over, I'm almost turning 18 years old right now, and I feel like my life will get worse.

Nothing is helping, I can't make anything on my own, like the Cavemen, because everyone uses "Machinery" now to build things like screens, video games, computers, VR, etc. In fact, you most likely won't be able to see my video games because, I might be dead before I turn my ideas on paper into a video game. In fact, I want to make video games but can't due to having no money...

I'm still keeping my Oculus Rift preorder, but if it doesn't arrive faster than the 16th with everyone cancelling, with everyone getting theirs at Best Buy, with everyone still scalping, I'm dying. It's done. You won't see my video games being created, I won't be known to many anymore, and no innovation by me that could help a lot of people will be made anymore.

I hate my life,
Alex "Gearashi" Ashburn

EDIT: Uggggghh, kill me.

Comments

• RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    Looks like YOU could use a Kit Kat bar!
  • Pr3Ci510nPr3Ci510n Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    :| No.
  • RirtualVealityRirtualVeality Posts: 737
    Nexus 6
    Oh Henry?
    Brain Burst
    Oh Henry?

:| Nope.
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    Here, have a snickers. You seem hungry.
    Brain Burst
    -_-
  • wickfutwickfut Posts: 202
    Art3mis
    You're poor, you don't have any money and yet you're waiting on your Rift order and thinking of getting a Vive. Get a grip you poor little snowflake
  • crim3crim3 Posts: 385
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    You shouldn't tell publicly your suicidal thoughts because people just don't understand it and what it's worst, they make fun on such a serious subject and makes everything worst. A complete lack of understanding is all you are going to get from almost everybody.
    I reached the "planning" stage a couple of years ago but kept alive thanks to my little kids. If you can't find something equivalent in your life all I can tell you to try to help is that what seems like a completely valid solution when depression is hitting hard turns into an absolute absurdity when you somehow manage to get over depression.
    And although I can't stand taking antidepressant drugs anymore, I admit they can really help on the worsts stages of depression, so consider visiting a doctor.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,305 Valuable Player
    I love when people post while drunk
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Brain Burst
    crim3 said:
    You shouldn't tell publicly your suicidal thoughts because people just don't understand it and what it's worst, they make fun on such a serious subject and makes everything worst. A complete lack of understanding is all you are going to get from almost everybody.
    I reached the "planning" stage a couple of years ago but kept alive thanks to my little kids. If you can't find something equivalent in your life all I can tell you to try to help is that what seems like a completely valid solution when depression is hitting hard turns into an absolute absurdity when you somehow manage to get over depression.
    And although I can't stand taking antidepressant drugs anymore, I admit they can really help on the worsts stages of depression, so consider visiting a doctor.
    Thanks man, the major issue why I'm kind of angry is because my foot broke because I tripped over a curb, that's what the real problem was, and like I said, not having a VR headset while this is happening. It's kind of is destroying me. I woke up at 1:00 AM because of my foot still hurting during sleeping so, yeah issues... ._.
  • RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity
    So your life is horrible and you want to kill yourself because you haven't got a Rift yet? Seriously, GTFO dude...
  • BossbloodBossblood Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I want to attempt suicide, or even worse, if I'm still living later, kill everyone due to my terrible life.

If an employee of Oculus reads this thread they will have to report it to the authorities. I don't think you understand the magnitude of what you just said here. Please call 911 if you have thoughts of hurting yourself or anyone else. They can help and they will help if you need it.
  • Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Hi, it's me, Alex again. I made a new post that might be the rest of my update, since the Preorder Mega Thread Discussion is now gone. It has to do with a lot of problems with my life, like my bad Mother's Day today, my Oculus preorder, and terrible future...

First, I'll start with my problems with the Oculus Preorder-Scheme that is keeping me angry, my closest Best Buy, is at Chula Vista, CA. I am nowhere near that. Of course, my mom doesn't want to drive me there yesterday, people get Oculus Rifts at Best Buy before me, pissed. Of course, I preordered on the first day, people got it earlier, due to me not knowing that the preorder was open 5 minutes earlier than the countdown timer and people being greedy jerks and not telling anyone. Where do I have to go, the Deep Web, Ha... No. So after that, website errors happened, and the website was down for five minutes and now I'm here with $1,200 Rifts on eBay, oh wait, now they're $800 and will most likely be that when I receive mine, thanks Oculus. And even people buying them at Best Buy are beating me. Guess what, there might be more scalpers now and I'm still waiting for my preorder. It makes me want to get a Vive even more due to the fact that first, the preorder issues, and second, I now might have birthday money to get an HTC Vive. Oh wait, I have no room for Room-Scale, so I can't play most of the games for the HTC Vive. I would have to move a lot of things, just to ruin the house... and yes, I would have to move my PC to the living room... :neutral:

Second, my bad Mother's Day today, it was bad... Everything was fine until I tilted my foot on a curb, and it felt like I broke my foot, when going back, this was when arguments with my brother and my mom happened, and I felt like killing myself... If you haven't heard of my life issues before, look at my comments at my profile, not the most disliked one, that was when I was really angry... My brother's arguments are still continuing when I'm still typing this, it's ridiculous. I even feel like becoming a cyberbully, and beating up everyone at my school due to my terrible life...

Third, I will conclude with my terrible future. Me not having my Rift or being able to have an HTC Vive is not helping me, It's making me want to die more. I feel like nobody cares about me, I have no friends at school, I am always yelled at by my brother at home, I always wanted to create video games, but my brother want me to create music (because I'm poor), I made my ideas, but no one will put them to life, I want to attempt suicide, or even worse, if I'm still living later, kill everyone due to my terrible life. I haven't enjoyed my youth at all and my youth is over, I'm almost turning 18 years old right now, and I feel like my life will get worse.

Nothing is helping, I can't make anything on my own, like the Cavemen, because everyone uses "Machinery" now to build things like screens, video games, computers, VR, etc. In fact, you most likely won't be able to see my video games because, I might be dead before I turn my ideas on paper into a video game. In fact, I want to make video games but can't due to having no money...

I'm still keeping my Oculus Rift preorder, but if it doesn't arrive faster than the 16th with everyone cancelling, with everyone getting theirs at Best Buy, with everyone still scalping, I'm dying. It's done. You won't see my video games being created, I won't be known to many anymore, and no innovation by me that could help a lot of people will be made anymore.

I hate my life,
    Alex "Gearashi" Ashburn

EDIT: Uggggghh, kill me.

Have a BIG HUG from me. <3

Where I live there are nice people that can help by being someone to talk to. look it up and see if there is a listening ear and help by phone. There are lots of people that want to help you but you have to find them.

Brain Burst
    So your life is horrible and you want to kill yourself because you haven't got a Rift yet? Seriously, GTFO dude...
    wickfut said:
    You're poor, you don't have any money and yet you're waiting on your Rift order and thinking of getting a Vive. Get a grip you poor little snowflake
    Bossblood said:
    I want to attempt suicide, or even worse, if I'm still living later, kill everyone due to my terrible life.

If an employee of Oculus reads this thread they will have to report it to the authorities. I don't think you understand the magnitude of what you just said here. Please call 911 if you have thoughts of hurting yourself or anyone else. They can help and they will help if you need it.
    I disregard my comments...

My foot was sprained at the time and still is, in fact when I read those top two comments that were quotes that I put on this post, I felt like the world is just a bunch of terrible humans who can't keep a wrong opinion straight and nag about it. This is the reason why I hated the world. Those kinds of people. I dealt with a lot of this when I was growing up. That's how I turned crazy and wanted to hurt people emotionally and physically. In fact, the United States might become a racist haven soon, so yeah, this is the stress I put up with. Also, my family is kind of poor, but there is a rich portion of our family. Problem is, we don't receive 3% of the money they receive and we never really get support. Also, my brother keeps arguing with me and yelling at me. I don't want to kill myself actually due to not having my Rift yet... It's because of emotional stress. The Rift would help. You don't get what I previously dealt with.

About that third quote...

Calling 911 will do nothing, I will possibly be arrested or tortured for the rest of my life due to calling that number, and due to police brutality, I don't even trust the police anymore. They're supposed to protect people, and yet they beat up, kill, or torture innocent people, by tear gas, rubber bullets, or worse, especially using the LRAD, to cause people to riot by hurting their ears, body, breathing, etc. and then arresting mass waves of them, I saw what happened in Ferguson, and even if it starts as a peaceful protest, the police don't care, they want people to be arrested anyways, even if someone is innocent. Exactly why there is so many people in jail. In fact, here's an idea, the police should use tranquilizer dart guns, so if someone is innocent, the police won't kill them. When that person wakes up, they will be interviewed about the situation, and if they are innocent, they are released, no riots, no injury, no hate against policemen. But, if somebody has a gun, like a school shooting or whatever, and they hurt anyone, like policemen, the policemen can use guns as a "final straw". Also about the authorities, tell them that the US Armed Forces shouldn't hire people who were arrested, especially if they killed innocent people, I have Asperger's Syndrome and can't join the Armed Forces and get recognized, yet people who have been arrested can, and some of those people are mentally psycho. I might be mentally psycho, but it's due to my terrible life. In fact, I don't really trust the government, especially with secret documents, I feel like the government should have some transparency, like Bitcoin, yet they do not. Also, I believe that corporations control everything, even industry, with the government. I once heard online of a guy making a water-cell engine for cars, that split the hydrogen and oxygen atoms in water, used the hydrogen for the engine and exhausted oxygen. It worked, yet his investors, PURPOSELY, sued him, and he was never seen again after his court meeting because, 1. Some major corporation who makes car technology or the government probably assassinated him, 2. Major corporations still want money, and 3. Wars for oil. Yeah, sorry for the rant. But I haven't slept for 2 hours due to my foot so, yeah, my life sucks.

And like I said, I don't want to kill myself due to not having a Rift, it's just my terrible life. In fact the authorities should just kill me right now...

Can't sleep,
    Alex "Gearashi" Ashburn
  • zork2001zork2001 Posts: 539
    Trinity

Be nice he clearly has some mental disabilities and it sounds like his family is not getting him the help that he needs.

Trinity
    edited May 2016
    If you really had these problems, the last place you would post about it is the Oculus Rift forum, let's be real for a moment. Coming here and cry about suicide is just lame and wrong. What I think happened, is that you saw the other guy (forgot his username) posting about his depression few weeks ago, and he got a Rift earlier, so you thought of doing the same. Well, I hope it works out for you, and Oculus people believe in your bullshit and send you a Rift today. Like those people posting sob stories on imgur and reddit to get to front page and get few hours of attention and win imaginary internet points, you are pathetic.
    Brain Burst
    If you really had these problems, the last place you would post about it is the Oculus Rift forum, let's be real for a moment. Coming here and cry about suicide is just lame and wrong. What I think happened, is that you saw the other guy (forgot his username) posting about his depression few weeks ago, and he got a Rift earlier, so you thought of doing the same. Well, I hope it works out for you, and Oculus people believe in your bullshit and send you a Rift today. Like those people posting sob stories on imgur and reddit to get to front page and get few hours of attention and win imaginary internet points, you are pathetic.
    You seem like you're from 4Chan or 9GAG, you just want to start drama, and guess what, I said I might become a cyberbully, so due to your bullshit, I am... Let me start...

First, let me start with the facts, you are saying I'm pathetic? Ha, you seem like it due to the fact that you start arguments in the first place about how I am angry and stuff. You just want me to become more angrier due to my problems. Guess what, I'm not taking that. Also, I didn't post due to other username guy, in fact, I didn't even see his post, so argument starter number 2.

Also, I don't usually use social networks because of this reason, you seem like a terrible person. Imaginary internet points...? No. I don't want to go into Overdrive Cyberbully Mode, please don't. You don't get that I have a mental disorder.

Also, I believed in killing people due to guys like you. In fact, I originally believed in the past that I should become a Black Hat hacker, hack the whole entire internet mainframe, and kill all the cyberbullies and Deep Web terrorists due to people like you, to be a good person, and guess what I would be considered... A bad person due to killing somebody who hurt many. In fact, I don't believe that's possible right now due to too much cybersecurity, but when I find a way...

There are too many cold-hearted bad people in the world, and less good people, so I'm not happy about that.

There is a way to hack into everyone's computers without hacking the whole internet mainframe. How you may ask?

Windows 10.

Windows 10 may have a backdoor you may not realize, and it's Xbox Live and Microsoft Accounts... I'm basically giving inspiration for hackers to hack Xbox Live and Microsoft Accounts so that people's information will be stolen, and if they have done something wrong, like making CP, hurting people on the Internet and physically, or other crimes like terrorism, they will be killed. They don't deserve to exist anymore...

Yeah, it's going to get worse...

Other people have caused me to be like a psycho. I have to be isolated, but guess what, I would have to kill all the people in the world to do that or kill myself, but guess what. If Heaven and Hell exists, I would cry for the rest of my life, even in Heaven. Why? There are other people there. And you definitely deserve to burn in hell with me...

RikkTheGaijin, kill yourself, you deserve it dramawhore...

No one cares,
    Z3R0D4Y
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited May 2016
    Some people dont know what really problems are....my father died last week, thats a real problem! I dont mind anymore when my rifts comes all the hype as gone for me now, playing with the Vive makes me dont think about my father. Trying to have my mind ocupated.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Brain Burst
    EliteSPA said:
    Some people dont know what really problems are....my father died last week, thats a real problem!
    I understand, I'm really, really sorry for you...  :'(

Get better, EliteSPA.

Sincerely,
    Gearashi
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,959 Volunteer Moderator

I'm not sure what to say in this thread.. other than sometimes poeple need to sound off and that's ok but it has the effect of either eliciting sympathy or ridicule from others depending on their personality

all I can say is please try and keep it as polite and respectful as possible

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
    Brain Burst

I'm not sure what to say in this thread.. other than sometimes poeple need to sound off and that's ok but it has the effect of either eliciting sympathy or ridicule from others depending on their personality

all I can say is please try and keep it as polite and respectful as possible

I will keep it polite and respectful now, sorry for that.  :/

"Gearashi"
    Art3mis
    Hi again, I know exactly how this world treats people with  Asperger's Syndrome.  My daughter and brother both have Asperger's Syndrome. also my son has serious autism and learning difficulties'. This is not the place to get help, and some of the reply's might make things worse for you. Please seek professional help. There are many good autistic help groups, please find a local one. I'm sure you will have a great future ahead of you with a little help and understanding.

Art3mis

No one cares,
    Z3R0D4Y

I care, and many, many more people care. Thinking of you in this low time. things can get a lot better with a little help.
  • HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorrible Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    gearashi573, your problems, if they even exist, are not Rift related and getting a Rift, now or in the near future will not resolve them. You will find issues with the Rift when you get it, wether they exist or not and ultimately will feel even more depressed.  The Rift is not the be all and end all of life, it is not a panacea for your issues.  Get outside, get a life, resolve to achieve something every day, even if the goal is only small (small steps are better), don't set yourself up for a fall. Oh and learn about patience, take up meditation or Buddhism, take a look at anger management websites, seriously.

One thing that perplexes me, you claim to be poor, yet a Rift and the computer to run it seems within your reach.  I suggest you open your eyes and take a good look around, spoilt would seem a more apt description to describe you.  Any feedback abuse, or ridicule you get with your whiny post is probably well deserved.
  • CharlieHobbesCharlieHobbes Posts: 555
    Neo

For the love of (insert deity of choice)!

Close this thread. Any thread on a public (VR) forum that mentions killing anything (other than virtually generated targets) can never lead to anything good.

Trinity
    Also, I believed in killing people due to guys like you. In fact, I originally believed in the past that I should become a Black Hat hacker, hack the whole entire internet mainframe, and kill all the cyberbullies and Deep Web terrorists due to people like you, to be a good person, and guess what I would be considered... A bad person due to killing somebody who hurt many. In fact, I don't believe that's possible right now due to too much cybersecurity, but when I find a way...

There is a way to hack into everyone's computers without hacking the whole internet mainframe. How you may ask?

Windows 10.

Windows 10 may have a backdoor you may not realize, and it's Xbox Live and Microsoft Accounts... I'm basically giving inspiration for hackers to hack Xbox Live and Microsoft Accounts so that people's information will be stolen, and if they have done something wrong, like making CP, hurting people on the Internet and physically, or other crimes like terrorism, they will be killed. They don't deserve to exist anymore...
    AHAHAHAHA, my sides hurt!! This is too funny! :D
    But seriously, are you really almost 18? You sounds like you are 12?  :#

No one cares,
    Z3R0D4Y

Thanks for the advice, but no, thank you. :p
  • VrSpongeVrSponge Posts: 150
    Art3mis
    Just wait until you get older. Life gets even shittier although your expected to deal with your problems alone with no one to blame if you make a wrong choice. If not for the bad times in our lives we wouldn't appreciate the times when it's good. Life is already killing you, why would you help it?
    Brain Burst

Windows 10.

AHAHAHAHA, my sides hurt!! This is too funny! :D
    But seriously, are you really almost 18? You sounds like you are 12?  :#

No one cares,
    Z3R0D4Y

Thanks for the advice, but no, thank you. :p
     :| Closing thread. (If I know how to...)
    Trinity
     :| Closing thread. (If I know how to...)
    I thought you were a Black Hat hacker...
  • sabyyysabyyy Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    1. Poor boy not having anyone teaching him how life works. Quite common on oculus forums to various extents so at least you are not alone.

2. This MUST BE a joke. (Bad, but well played)

Can't decide yet.
This discussion has been closed.