cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Now Has No Clue When Last Weeks Rifts Will Ship

briankay1977
Explorer

Amazon Now Unsure When Last Week's Oculus Rift Orders Will Be Shipped.  They supposedly have claimed that Oculus has not responded to their request for further stock.  Not good for those who ordered the Rift on Friday...   http://vrtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?2117-Amazon-Now-Unsure-When-Last-Week-s-Oculus-Rift-Orders-Wi...

14 REPLIES 14

fullmelt
Expert Protege
Now Palmer should tweet this as good news for pre-orders because it very well might be.
ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.

Map63Vette
Adventurer
So wait, did Amazon sell more than they had allocated?  This sounds more like an Amazon problem if that's the case (ie. Oculus tells Amazon you get 5 units, Amazon sells 10 then asks for more stock to cover the extra sales).  If Oculus promised 10 units to begin with and only gave them 5 though I would agree Amazon has a right to be annoyed.

So wait, did Amazon sell more than they had allocated?  This sounds more like an Amazon problem if that's the case (ie. Oculus tells Amazon you get 5 units, Amazon sells 10 then asks for more stock to cover the extra sales).  If Oculus promised 10 units to begin with and only gave them 5 though I would agree Amazon has a right to be annoyed.

Everybody has sold more than they had allocated.

Demand is ridiculously high.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Map63Vette
Adventurer

andyring said:

Fair enough, but that's not really Oculus's problem if places are selling more than they know they were getting.

andyring said:

Fair enough, but that's not really Oculus's problem if places are selling more than they know they were getting.

Quite right!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Well if Amazon, Best Buy etc have sold more then they were allotted then that problem is on them. At this point, I don't see why Oculus would have to respond to there request for more units, while a large amount of pre-orders are still unfilled.

kepfordj
Protege
Mine will be here in about 3 hours.  🙂

Ray2kay
Explorer
Mine was shipped out yesterday, and will arrive tomorrow. Patients is the key, you ever wanted something so bad that it seems it takes forever for it to arrive. This is the universe telling you to calm down, time will come where we all are playing tech demos and bragging to people who dont give a rats ass. Trust me i have the vive my son has one also. Once you get over the high of seeing it in action, you're only left with the thought of what it could be. So my advice to all is to just calm down...

Hanover
Rising Star
So, a posting from a discussion thread on a web site known for click-bait is now considered official news?  🙂