cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best currently available Rift games?

Trip_Rodriguez
Explorer
Hi guys, any chance we can get a sticky topic with a list of the best Rift experiences currently available (both demos and playable games)?

For me so far War Thunder is where it's at, but it is VERY challenging. The fact that you are looking mostly at things that are far away helps I think.

The native support for Rift in War Thunder is pretty good now, though it does have some major flaws. I found that going into "PostFX" settings in game and turning the sharpness sliders to Max made the world much clearer but this might vary from person to person.

Vireio 3D doesn't seem to get along all that well with my brain, I've always found that most 3D stuff (movies and whatnot) give me double vision and bother my eyes, so I think I'm in the minority here but still so far I haven't found any games/demo's without native support to be very enjoyable. TF2 is nice and Museum of the Microstar is impressive. I'm looking forward to eventually getting into DiRT 3 with the Rift 😃
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III R 'n' R Lawn Service Lake Ariel PA
43 REPLIES 43

Lark
Protege
In addition to the others, Vendetta Online is really well done. It was the first game I could play for over an hour (I just got my dev kit a couple of weeks ago). Its very comfortable and doesn't do anything that is horribly jarring. The UI is done well enough I can actually read it and run missions, chat with people. Its a fully functional game in the rift. http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/news.html

caforiss
Honored Guest
COZ!!
I agree with all the demos mentioned, they are all great. But by far my favorite demo and the game I spend the most time in is COZ. The swinging mechanic and the thruster work so well, its a great time to just move around the little world. I can't wait to play this when a full game of it is released

Runners up:
Delta Draconis -for the formation flying
Outerra - Realistic feeling of flying the MiG
Rift Max Theater - rasing the seat makes a perfect imax experience
Sandbox - Because of the awesome iron man like flight control set up with Hydras and 80s VR feel
Not sure if its Virtual Reality or Actual Fantasy?

MrGeddings
Explorer
right now i say Minecraft and Vendetta Online, both gives you more options then just pew pew pew. and Venetta has a large universe.. its not perfect in Vendetta yet but they will update it over time im sure. still pretty cool to have support in that game :-).

M_i_c_a
Protege
-BEST-
FPS Demo: Cover Shooter v1 & v2 w/ Razer Hydra
Interactive Demo: Bucks Playground w/ Razer Hydra
Visual Demo: Museum of the Microstar / Titans of Space / Greebles
Full: Too many to list, Tridef Ignition allows you to play all kinds of awesome games 🙂
Vector Reboot Studio

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to see an official compiled list of games and demos. Not that the Oculus Team can know everything going on, but this could be a list with more tecnical descriptions - maybe community driven and bit more than just a sticky on the forums. I myself want to try out different games and demos to see what problems and solutions various developers have. Different categories like FPS, racers, etc. Immersed GUI and 2D GUI. Also maybe a rating system for the most wow factor and vertigo factor.

mouja
Explorer
Unreal Tournament III Black Edition, Sonic Generations and PinballFX2. thank you Tridef. 😄
and these days I spend long time with Cube Avoidance also.

Akiraotomo
Honored Guest
Oculus rift is back in iracing.

dungeonmanVR
Honored Guest
DungeonManVR of course

http://www.dungeonmanvr.com

schemen
Honored Guest
http://metacraft.ch/

True story!
Oh... Wait

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
"caforiss" wrote:
COZ!!
I agree with all the demos mentioned, they are all great. But by far my favorite demo and the game I spend the most time in is COZ. The swinging mechanic and the thruster work so well, its a great time to just move around the little world. I can't wait to play this when a full game of it is released

What game is this sorry? I did a google search and so far nothing is coming up.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?