cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR SD Card Support?

azn_spiderboi
Honored Guest
I have pretty much maxed out my Phones internal Memory, and I would love to transfer the Oculus Apps to the micro SD card as I have purchased a 200 GB SD card for my Samsung Galaxy s7. Is there a way to transfer these apps without any rooting or alterations? Will there be any updates to support this?
59 REPLIES 59

JulianBuzz
Explorer
I'm curious about this too, as the phones limited 32G hard drive is not sufficient storage for VR. I had mine almost maxed our after the first day.

Jkiv
Explorer
This should be a priority.  VR Apps use a lot of storage and with only 32GB of internal storage on the S7/Edge users are forced to remove apps for storage reasons.  This would also be an advantage to Oculus for selling apps.  As it is now, I am very reluctant to purchase anything for the VR

zirback
Honored Guest
I agree. This should be a high priority. I have a GS7 and need external storage support. VR Apps & content are taking up too much internal storage space and will not allow me to move to external storage!

awezoom
Honored Guest
Yes, this is really unpleasant. I have 40 GB free in my SD card and my 32GB of internal storage is at 98% full due to the Oculus store. I can't even download cool VR videos to watch unless I remove other apps first.

Please, Oculus, update this! I got an update just today and hoped that was the update, but no, I still can't move the apps.
I even could accept the apps to remain in the internal storage, but, the downloaded content, please!!!

Even the apps, when you install them, ask for permission to use the SD cards.

Jokerpest
Honored Guest
All of the above. Please fix this. I can't download any content, let alone new games to try.  

towfiqi
Honored Guest
Same here.. for the love of god please add data pass through feature through the gear's micro usb port..

turner3d
Honored Guest
I too am feeling the pain. I have a shiny new S7 Edge with only 16GB of internal storage (and not much of it left), and a  high-quality, fast 200GB Sandisk SD card that I apparently can't use.

dcj91x
Protege
Does anyone from Oculus or Samsung actually read or acknowledge any of these posts? If so it is surprising this issue hasn't been addressed. Since it hasn't been I'm pretty sure Oculus and Samsung ignore anything we post on here. 

zproxy
Expert Protege
people wont buy apps if they cannot use the sdcard for storage.

if the oculus team were actually on this forum, it would serve a purpose for discussion.