cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Oculus say sorry to it's loyal customers and backers by means of compensation?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Just an idea because a lot of people seem unhappy on the forums and other companies have apologized this way before too. Like Sony with their PlayStation. 

I think it would be a good idea if they gave discounts or 1-2 free games to everyone who pre-ordered in the first month. It could work something like this. But this is just an idea. It could work other ways too, such as discounted Touch Controllers for everyone that pre-ordered within the first month or two.

I read these forums every single day and I see a lot of unhappy people. I read peoples comments on Reddit and Facebook and else where too and so it just seems right that they should offer some kind of compensation to their loyal customers and backers to apologize for all their mistakes.

I think this would go a long way. Once everyone is gaming with their Rift I reckon everyone will be happy and half way ready to forgive Oculus for their mistakes, but to ensure that everything is forgiven and forgotten I think this extra effort on their part would go a long way in redeeming customer confidence and keeping loyal backers keen to purchase future products & software from Oculus.

Whats everyone else's thought on this?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
70 REPLIES 70

JED44
Rising Star
@notsram I just wish there more multiplayer games. Currently I have E:D and Valiant, and I have to say Roomscale and VR in general with others is amazing. Also no matter how big your room is, you always need more. 

Percy1983
Superstar
Interestingly my rift was shipping in the same period I saw when ordering.

I think I have found where we differ,

While you feel you need to be told that they are getting them out the door as fast as possible despite a delay.

I was told there was a delay and filled in the gap knowing they will be working hard to sort it out asap.

2 different thinking methods.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable

JED44 said:

@notsram I just wish there more multiplayer games. Currently I have E:D and Valiant, and I have to say Roomscale and VR in general with others is amazing. Also no matter how big your room is, you always need more. 

I currently have around 1 metre x 1.8 metres. Come September, I'll have 3x3 metres plus 🙂 Can't bloody wait!

Dangerous2women
Expert Protege

Zoomie said:

JED44, all of those are perfectly reasonable complaints.  You've now posted them here, several times, and I for one acknowledge your frustration.  But most of these things happened over a month ago and they've been discussed here on the forums ad nauseam.  

There comes a point where we need to forgive it and move on.  The push-back you're seeing from some people isn't because these complaints are untrue or unjustified, they're just something they're tired of talking about.   

Hi zoomie. 

FAIR enough and more than likely true. 

Im EQUALLY tired however of the never ending pushback recieved when one so much as make an inquiry, which is what was done here by the OP. 

This plays into the fanaticism I wrote of. The guy asked a question and because the coven didn't like it, he was nearly eviscerated. 

The turning the free shipping thing into ground shipping is particularly telling though. Very shady move on oculus part. 

JED44
Rising Star
@Percy1983 its not that I felt the need to be told it. I know they wanted/want to get it out as fast as possible and are working on it. I just wanted the issues and in general those affected by them to be acknowledged by Oculus, instead of trying to pretend everything was fine, which they did for a while

JED44
Rising Star
@Dangerous2women  God forbid you try to bring up any issues or question the way Oculus is operating. It's just ignored as "Anti Oculus" or "Vive - fanboy". People like Zenbane end up berating or acting condescending towards such people without actually listening to what they have to say. 

JED44
Rising Star
@notsram Right now I'm at 3.3 x 2.3, until I can convince my family to get rid of the furniture..next is the interior walls...

LZoltowski
Champion
Well mine is 2cm ........ oh ROOM Size ...... 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Trytiped
Adventurer
Yeah I'll take a free blow job

HiThere_
Superstar
I think they should have offered that free postage and maybe thrown in
an Oculus Store discount coupon... only to those willing to have their
pre-order pushed back to the end of the pre-order queue.

Which
would have cost them a lot less money (since most would have refused
that offer), while still giving the impression they were doing a lot
more (to speed up that pre-order queue).

I would have refused
that offer myself (try Free Touch controllers instead 😛 ), but would
have felt it properly addressed the issue, of trying to make my own Rift
arrive sooner : As it is, the free postage offer that was made is only more
likely to have further delayed my delivery, and made it less safe (by switching from Air Mail
to Ground Mail...), which is kind of the exact opposite of what I wanted
to happen.