cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 hours after getting my Rift shipping confirmation I find out that I'm getting laid off

cdmoore74
Protege
What are the odds?  After waiting for months and checking emails every morning I finally had good news when I woke up; my card was charged.  I go into work all happy and I find out that I'm getting laid off after 16 years on the job.  

Sometimes shit happens for a reason but you got to stay positive.  
25 REPLIES 25

Zandil
Rising Star
Maybe it was due to all the slacking off at work checking your emails for your confirmation email from Oculus ?

Ohhh I smell a lawsuit lol

dinoroger
Adventurer
Sorry ;(
Return it and get the Vive so you can play Job Simulator.

OmegaGenisis
Protege
Charge the neighborhood kids to come over and use the Rift 

xunknownx
Explorer
atleast u have plenty of time to play with your rift now.

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer

cdmoore74 said:

What are the odds?  After waiting for months and checking emails every morning I finally had good news when I woke up; my card was charged.  I go into work all happy and I find out that I'm getting laid off after 16 years on the job.  

Sometimes shit happens for a reason but you got to stay positive.  

Sorry man,

All Rift jokes and drama put aside...I pray you and your family peace and that you have a smooth transition into another position with no impact on your current lifestyle.

My family will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
lol didn't see that "off" so I was like, wow lucky bastard!

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Sorry to hear that bro. Life can be a troll like that sometimes. Stay strong, you never know where this new path may lead.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

blue-steel
Expert Protege
I hope you bounce back and find something soon bro

darkangel6415
Explorer
null

Hey I took my vr headset to incredible pizza and charge $10 to use headset for 5 minutes, I made almost $200 before employees caught on and had me leave