cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 hours after getting my Rift shipping confirmation I find out that I'm getting laid off

cdmoore74
Protege
What are the odds?  After waiting for months and checking emails every morning I finally had good news when I woke up; my card was charged.  I go into work all happy and I find out that I'm getting laid off after 16 years on the job.  

Sometimes shit happens for a reason but you got to stay positive.  
25 REPLIES 25

Luciferous
Consultant

If you will have issues paying off the money on the card, buying the Rift was probably a good move. As regretful as it might be if you sell it you could triple your money on Ebay. Good luck for finding a new job soonest.

Azuria
Explorer
its no joke, sorry to hear.  You will always find another opportunity, go out there and find it!

Aekero
Heroic Explorer
Few months??? I know you were there a long time, but I'd venture it's going to feel refreshing. I had a similar situation happen (albeit less time at the company), had a few months to find a job while they transitioned the company. I ended up lining one up way before my few months were over, scheduled to start the new job 2 weeks after the old job ended, took 2 weeks of paid (sev pay) vacation, then enjoyed 6 weeks of double paychecks. 

In this day, 16 years at a job is more the exception, I know you didn't want it to end, but hopefully it ends up alright!

FingerMcPokeye
Heroic Explorer
Every time some shit like that has happened in my life I can look back and see it was a turning point where things got waaaay better.

Turn up the positive attitude to 11, and hit the streets...

Hanover
Rising Star
"I was lucky that I was not let go on the spot and I still have a few months to look for a new job. "

Easiest way to find a job is when you have a job.  Are you in a technical profession?  

SkateZilla
Expert Protege
i completely missed the last word of the topic title.