New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Holy moly, my pre-order was just processed.

ChassitChassit Posts: 178
Art3mis
This is a total surprise. 29er, order created somewhere near 25 minute. Latest shipping estimate May 16 - 26. Just got a notification like 3 hours ago saying it's processed. Now waiting for shipping.

Looks like Oculus somehow boosted its production capacity by tenfold. Nice job, boys.

Comments

• xi11ixxi11ix Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    Congrats man! I hope you enjoy it.
  • ChassitChassit Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    xi11ix said:
    Congrats man! I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you! 100% sure I'm gonna enjoy it. I have no unrealistic expectations. ;)
  • fullmeltfullmelt Posts: 276
    Art3mis
    28er order got my processed order yesterday and tracking # with EVE key early today, ups choice shows it here by 18th this next week can't wait happy days.
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    First time playing real vr games so I now it will blow me away only tryed gear vr before with out any controller. 
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
  • Cmndr-HillCmndr-Hill Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    congratulations, make sure all your chores are done before it arrives. 
    Art3mis
    fullmelt said:
    28er order got my processed order yesterday and tracking # with EVE key early today, ups choice shows it here by 18th this next week can't wait happy days.

Wait. I heard all Rifts are shipped through air mail with guaranteed next-day delivery??
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Chassit said:
    Wait. I heard all Rifts are shipped through air mail with guaranteed next-day delivery??
    No, the shipping is standard ground, which usually takes around 2 - 3 days (depending on location). Only the very first few batches were given free air shipping in order to meet the launch date. Hope that makes sense.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    chores what chores I wont take that as disrespect I work hard for my money construction, mostlly, and then farming so don't talk like your are high and allmighty.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    I think he was saying to make sure things like laundry and dishes are done before you get your Rift, because once you have it that's all you'll want to do.  Adults have chores too :)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • Hicks613Hicks613 Posts: 317
    Nexus 6
    Chassit said:
    This is a total surprise. 29er, order created somewhere near 25 minute. Latest shipping estimate May 16 - 26. Just got a notification like 3 hours ago saying it's processed. Now waiting for shipping.

Looks like Oculus somehow boosted its production capacity by tenfold. Nice job, boys.

Congrats man.

26er here.  4:06:36 UTC order here.  5/2 to 5/12 estimate.  Australia.

Nothing yet.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,527 Valuable Player
    fullmelt said:
    chores what chores I wont take that as disrespect I work hard for my money construction, mostlly, and then farming so don't talk like your are high and allmighty.
    Yeah you totally missed the reasoning in the friendly advice lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • cughincughin Posts: 39
    edited May 2016
    Athonyvn

Also Same dates here, Aus

Waiting
  • gbasdengbasden Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    29xx order here as well with a May16 -26 estimate, and I just got my order processing email! Happy days!
  • blue-steelblue-steel Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    glad for you guys , i'm a 29 order with a 16-26 estimate and I've heard nothing.  I created a ticket.

I leave for a business trip on the 26th and would rather it come before I leave or after I get back. I don't want a $600 package to sit on my steps.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    nothing for me - Australia, 8:14 order, 9/5-19/5.

seems some AU/NZ orders have moved today though.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • TraprockTraprock Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    glad for you guys , i'm a 29 order with a 16-26 estimate and I've heard nothing.  I created a ticket.

I leave for a business trip on the 26th and would rather it come before I leave or after I get back. I don't want a $600 package to sit on my steps.
    I am a 16th-26th myself and just yesterday received an ordered processed/ready to ship email.  CC was charged yesterday as well.  Just waiting for tracking number
    I'm in NY so region may have something to do with it.
    Art3mis
    Zoomie said:
    I think he was saying to make sure things like laundry and dishes are done before you get your Rift, because once you have it that's all you'll want to do.  Adults have chores too :)
    Ha, guess I didn't take that the right way, sorry @Cmndr-Hill plus I was drinking lest night, so that didn't make it any better. But I so rarely do chores if at all, I took it as you were calling me a child. Sorry didn't mean to get so defensive.
  • water_water_ Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    blue-steel said: 
    Well then your in luck because a signature is required. UPS will attempt to deliver twice and after that you have to go pick it up from your local distribution center.
  • flyingsaucersflyingsaucers Posts: 128
    Chassit said:
    No, the shipping is standard ground, which usually takes around 2 - 3 days (depending on location). Only the very first few batches were given free air shipping in order to meet the launch date. Hope that makes sense.
    It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but thanks  :D
  • Mr.WildeMr.Wilde Posts: 186
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone, this is my first post, I just wanted to say that I'm also a 29er and I also have May 16 - 26, no mail yet tho, I hope to get it soon, congratulations to OP! :)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,883 Volunteer Moderator
    I'm a 28 order number with a May 16-26 estimate... nothing yet, but you guys are making me hopeful that I'll see something soon!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • blue-steelblue-steel Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Traprock said:

I am a 16th-26th myself and just yesterday received an ordered processed/ready to ship email.  CC was charged yesterday as well.  Just waiting for tracking number
    I'm in NY so region may have something to do with it.
    I am in Jersey. I have no idea how they are doing this as some people close to 28minutes on reddit have gotten processing emails
  • Ricktor_BlackRicktor_Black Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    The only thing which worries me about this, and yes this is me being a bit pessimistic here, is that I'm afraid that all this progress means that next week we will see NO PROGRESS AT ALL in the US while they shift focus to other regions again.  The next week or two would be excruciatingly painful if we see no orders going out in the US during that time.  I really, Really, REALLY hope that is not the case and from here on out we will see all regions receiving Rifts simultaneously.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,232
    Wintermute
    The only thing which worries me about this, and yes this is me being a bit pessimistic here, is that I'm afraid that all this progress means that next week we will see NO PROGRESS AT ALL in the US while they shift focus to other regions again.  The next week or two would be excruciatingly painful if we see no orders going out in the US during that time.  I really, Really, REALLY hope that is not the case and from here on out we will see all regions receiving Rifts simultaneously.
    I don't really understand how it all works in terms of production but I would have thought that production will be going up and they will be increasing their yield of devices, day by day, week by week...surely?

You'd hope so at least, especially since the Rift is doing so well and is so popular. 

Would be interesting if they gave us some sales figures eventually and let us know how many HMD's are in population.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • StreetPreacherStreetPreacher Posts: 224
    Nexus 6
    Same here, 24 minute order in Canada.  Estimated 16-26, but got my processing email yesterday afternoon.  Just hoping my CC payment goes through, and with any luck I might have it before Victoria Day weekend!
  • MrKuddenMrKudden Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Well thats what happened in EU xD Its been No progress at all since the us orders started to process =P I really hope EU get some next week. It should be my turn soon haha
    Art3mis
    Thank you guys for the congrats!

Actually I'm located in New Jersey. Oculus is finally moving forward with US shipping, it seems. The Reddit live tracker shows massive processing in the past 48 hours. It doesn't seem to be exactly in chronological order though. If your pre-order was created earlier than mine and it's not processed yet, it should be very soon.

UK/AU/NZ seem to be way ahead of US. Now the only stagnant region is Asia?

Now I just hope the shipping part goes faster. Haven't got shipping notification yet...
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,883 Volunteer Moderator
    I just got the email! MY RIFT IS COMING!!  :D
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • pgeorgypgeorgy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    NY, my 298..... order just processed

:)

• flyingsaucersflyingsaucers Posts: 128
    pgeorgy said:
    NY, my 298..... order just processed

:)

Same here - now I can finally stop bitching on the forums and enjoy VR