cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime 1.3 offline installer. When can we expect it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Guys from support!
You do not respond to my e-mail some days, maybe give the answer here! 
Really!
Somebody of support can answer accurately (i did not find the concrete answer on forum), should we expect the offline installer v1.3 for those who do not have a stable internet connection or not have it at all?
If so, how much can we expect (week, two weeks, month)?
Or can be calm, do not ask such stupid questions and quietly sell DK2 to the people who have normal Internet?

Regards.
Andrew.
76 REPLIES 76

Expt626
Protege
Sorry to bug, is there an official stand on this? Why did occulus suddenly decide to be so restrictive... 😕

Staj
Explorer
This is causing problems for our development lab. We attended many events and it was said Oculus Home was to be optional. We shouldn't need an account and login for every installation just to be able to configure our devices.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
The Offline Installer will be available by January 2028, along with the launch of the CV7.

Expt626
Protege

Staj said:

This is causing problems for our development lab. We attended many events and it was said Oculus Home was to be optional. We shouldn't need an account and login for every installation just to be able to configure our devices.

Same here, I'm already having a hard time convincing skeptics to give vr a go. Restrictive polices such as these may really be the final nail in the coffin for all my efforts, been supporting since dk1 😕

gbeatty
Protege
We need an offline installer. We develop software that runs in environments that do not have internet connectivity. Right now there is no way to install the runtime on these machines

Expt626
Protege
hi,

its been a week. Any updates?
might want to combine threads: 
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/32548/were-is-the-1-3-runtime
https://forums.oculus.com/vip/discussion/32792/offline-install

anybody in the same predicament? pls voice out and hopefully, Oculus dev team will place it at a higher priority.
thanks!

Syrellaris
Rising Star
@gbeatty you could just connect the pc to the Internet.. Or if possible just migration of files.

gbeatty
Protege
@Syrellaris Connecting the pc to any kind of outside/unsecured network is not an option in the environments we work in.

phuhque
Protege
I have to agree with gbeatty.  it is complete horse dung that a piece of HARDWARE does not have an offline installer.  They had it for both dev kits and there are certain environments where R/D are just not allowed a network connection at all.  With a privacy statement that would make the kgb cringe it is a wonder there haven't been more  complaints.  I dragged my computer to a network connection and STILL can't get the damned first portion to run.  I never had these kinds of issues with DK1 or DK2.

Electryic
Protege
I'm pretty sure the way of offline installers are long gone.   These days they want you constantly connected to the internet thanks to piracy.   If people had offline installers they could get into it and allow copied unpaid game files to work.   I'm pretty sure the CV1 says constant online required and any offline development kits are stuck w/ the old runtimes.