cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI PIN bent

msm903
Protege
I just received my CV1. HDMI PIN is bent. There is no option to replace the HDMI cable in the CV1. I am very disapointed
27 REPLIES 27

wickfut
Expert Protege
It might still work. Some pins aren't used,

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please stop using the device and contact Oculus Support. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

msm903
Protege
Doesn't work. First off it doesn't get detected at all on my HDMI port. When I use a HDMI to DVI adapter I get a weird green flashing grid on the screen. Some times even the HDMI to DVI doesn't work. Screen stays black. I have tried every connection on my 2 GTX 970s and have received varying degrees of the same issue.

I just opened a ticket. Not sure how long until I get a response.

msm903
Protege

Please stop using the device and contact Oculus Support. Thanks.

Thanks. I have submitted a ticket and placed the Rift back into the box.

msm903
Protege
So apparently after receiving the  pictures of the bent pins on the hdmi part of the cable, the Support team asks me to give them some time to look into the issue.  At this point that doesn't sound promising, I would have assumed by seeing that the pins were bent a replacement cable would have been shipped.

@cybereality, do you have any idea whether replacement cables can be provided in this situation. At this moment I have a 600 dollar product that I cannot utilize. Just received it on 5/13/2016. At this point if I had to pay for the cable myself I would be willing to do that.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, mostly likely we will be able to send a replacement cable. However, it needs to be approved by a higher level agent first, which is why they probably said they'd look into it. I'm pretty sure the replacement cable will be offered. If not, send me a PM and I will poke them.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

msm903
Protege
Thank you sir

Exitstrategie
Honored Guest
Same problem here:
got my Rift CV1 today and no luck getting it to work due to the HDI connection error.
pins on the HDMI connector of my cable seem very uneven.
Contacted support, hope i get a quick replacement cable

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Do these items not get checked !!! What's going on here ? Very concerned when mine arrives after all this time I'll be waiting again with a damaged part???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.