cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

ToxicAdam
Explorer
Yes, Make a toggle off in the settings please!

3770K here with an 980ti

Anonymous
Not applicable
It wont work for me, i tried it and still comes up with the warning.....
 i7 960 @ 4.1 with a 980ti and run project cars @ 90fps aswell as anything else! Get rid of it Oculus.

SRossi
Honored Guest
OCd 2500k. Let us disable the notification please!

DesGres
Explorer
Totally Agree, Jumped through hoops to try and disable, have a 3770k 4.6ghz and incompatible USBs , 980ti watercoolled and more than enough memory , really smooth experience , but message is frustrating!

abufrejoval
Honored Guest
+1 for disabling this stupid warning: Using a Xeon E3-1280 v3 @ 4GHz and a GTX 980 TI with the CV1 which definitely beats the recommended Rift mininal spec, yet I also keep getting this bloody reminder.

Moved my DK2 to a Phenom II X6 @ 3.6 GHz and a Radeon 290X, where performance isn't an issue either, even if there is no USB 3 (I believe DK2 didn't even like USB 3 for the camera).

Again this perpetual warning is just annoying.

AdKiuCM
Expert Protege
+1

3770K @4.6GHz + 980ti as well as ASmedia USB 3.0 built in in motherboard. Rift will be connected to other compatible USB3.0 port. I am still using ASmedia for other peripherals like external music card, mouse and keybard etc.

SteamVR shows 11 points....

Thorsil
Explorer
+1

Seriously, this needs to be disabled with a click. I don't need my hand held throughout the entire experience.

Infinitely annoying...

o-Axle-o
Honored Guest
+1 for option to acknowledge and remove message.

UsernameNotFoun
Explorer
+1 to have an option to turn the freaking msg off!
 GTX980Ti G1 + i7 2600K @ 4.8GHz! 

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer
@cybereality  Can you comment on whether or not this is being looked into?