Did you mean: 

Steam Gauge: What VR games are popular with HTC Vive's early adopters

Anonymous
Not applicable
22 REPLIES 22

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Mother of Mercy, most can agree that the PSVR will end up leading the charge. I wouldn't deny that either for reasons mentioned, mostly around practicality (lots of homes have PlayStations).

It's the PS'y that binds the VR world.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
All clean.  Damn gremlins.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

blue-steel
Expert Protege

Percy1983 said:

I don't think retail will make a huge difference.

Rift will be easier for shops to setup, ie, pc, sensor, headset, controller can all be located together where mounting the light houses may be an issue.

Eithe rway unlike the wii days where people could be amazed and may £180 and get it home, I think the £1500 price tag may put the casual customer off and the ones with the PCs up to it will probably already have a good idea whats going on.

I think PSVR will be the big push, there is many PS4's in houses for £350 for that wow experience, not bad.

Eh when Kinect came out best buy had small areas of like 10 feet  with a tv in front and then a small wall of like 2 feet off the ground.

They can do the same for the vive. I was in a best buy the other day getting the 4k deadpool and the stores are so empty now they can just move a bin of $4 movies out of the way lol

Also the vive isn't that hard to set up and you only have to do it once. The hardest thing is bending down and putting the head set on the floor a few times but once you set it up you may never have to do so again