cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Installation Failure

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
I download the setup files and run the application. I have disabled all anti-virus, totally removed previous runtimes, deleted the oculus folder that was left over, cleaned the registry, rebooted. The application downloads 842 mb and then attempts to install but it then fails and tells me to restart the computer and try again. It fails each time.

This is the exact same error I had during the Oculus Home beta. I posted the same issue in the forum and received NO REPLY. There is no explanation for why this is happening and they seemed uninterested in what the problem was during the Home Alpha. Will anyone care to help now that it is publicly released? 

I am on Windows 10 Pro with the latest Nvidia drivers released today. 

24 REPLIES 24

DanielJones
Explorer
I spent all day, doing everything suggested but finally found error 1638 in a log.  I followed these steps and it is working now!!!

"My problem was with VC++ 2015 Redist. I had previously installed the latest Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 for Xbox One development and Oculus failed to install right at the point where it tried to install the VC++ 2015 redist. The error code was 1638 which says "error code 1638 is Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel."

Removed Visual Studio and any VC++ 2015 redist packages and reinstalled Oculus. Worked fine after that."

KingK76
Protege
Okay I am having an issue where I run the OculusSetup file (it's like 2.8MB) and then a black window opens.  Very briefly a Oculus "O" symbol comes up and the disappears.  After that it does nothing.  If I click the window I get a "Oculus has stopped worked" dialog box.  I have tried the "fix" from @ZachPrinz but it didn't help.  I have a DK1, DK2 and my CV1 get's here on Monday May 2nd (in 3 days) so I wanted this working.  I have uninstalled 0.8 and disconnected my DK2 (tried it connected as well).  Please somebody help!

KingK76
Protege
Hey guys...  So I have an update to my issue...  I actually found it in a Reddit thread.  So the setup file was downloaded to my Downloads folder, and that seemed to be the issue.  The suggestion was to move the file to my Desktop and try to launch it from there (I have NO idea why this would be an issue...).  So anyway I did just that and it worked!  So if anyone else has the same issue try that.  Thanks.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for sharing the solution, @KingK76 hopefully that helps others.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

su830304
Honored Guest
u may try this link! a taiwanese hacker just released a cracked package for runtime 1.3. Just followed a few easy installation step after downloading the package.