I COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER

Cance11ationCance11ation Posts: 521
Nexus 6
edited May 2016 in General

I paid.. ummmm let me calculate this, £950 - 532 = £418

I paid £418 pounds over the premium!!

Oculus baby here I come!!

Check out my twitch [twitch.tv/BATTLE_net]

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,663 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016
    U mad bro?

Actually I paid 250 more for an Xbox One when they came out because Amazon screwed up my Day One Edition order, except luckily for me I made sure Amazon paid me back for my troubles. Which they did.

Result.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    @Galuz ;
    Grats, I'm sure it will be awesome! £532 is 33 quid more than the pre-order price of course, since Oculus decided to drop the shipping charges. Still, you will have your Rift sooner than a lot of people. B)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,663 Valuable Player
    Maybe you could post your experience in this thread once it is delivered as this person was looking at buying from eBay as well.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36274/rift-on-ebay#latest

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    man your crazy!  :p I found it hard parting with £500!

I hope the ebay Gods work in your favour! 
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    950 Pounds for a CV1? Ohhhh myyyyy goooosh! My patience will save me a lot of moneyyyy.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Cance11ationCance11ation Posts: 521
    Nexus 6
    FrozenPea said:
    man your crazy!  :p I found it hard parting with £500!

I hope the ebay Gods work in your favour! 
    What do you mean ebay gods?
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722 Poster of the Week
    We hope it's not a damaged unit. not possible to RMA the thing
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    Nobbs66 said:
    We hope it's not a damaged unit. not possible to RMA the thing
    this.

If the seller is nice and something is wrong with it he might do it for you if you send it back to him. For the £400+ profit I think it would be the least he could do for you though!
    3Jane
    There's a good chance it says "No Returns" on the item description. :(
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute

So you pay £400+ more to get the added benefit of no warranty.

By all means its your money to waste as you see fit, but if people just refused to buy them off ebay the scalpers wouldn't buy as many and we would all get the sooner.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • FX2KFX2K Posts: 268
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    I wish you luck with your Rift, enjoy.

But, since it is officially not supported by the Oculus Warranty and after following the support page, problems with the proprietary HDMI cable, red dots, screens with lines through, one screen working, etc etc etc... you won't find me even considering buying elsewhere.. anymore.  I did, not that long ago.. I found one 10 minutes away from where I live, for £800... but I don't fancy losing £800.. so I let it pass me by.

CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May...
    DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014
  • PKRipperPKRipper Posts: 174
    Art3mis
    Had to convert to US currency to understand the pain.... $1368.95. I don't mind waiting till July!
    CPU: i7-4790k
    SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
    SSD: PNY SSD240GB
    Graphics Card: GTX 1070
    A bunch of parts that make the magic happen!
  • OutatimeTVOutatimeTV Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Man, that price is a bit high. :o

But I can understand you. I have bought a CV1 from ebay two weeks ago for 1020 Euro.
    It was worth it because I had to wait six more weeks for my pre-order. :#
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    PKRipper said:
    Had to convert to US currency to understand the pain.... $1368.95. I don't mind waiting till July!
    Believe it or not, those guys got pretty good deals. There are unopened, in-hand CV1s on eBay.co.uk selling for £1,199 which is $1,727! :#
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    Think of the people waiting till fall 2017, saying $600 for a Rift, no thanks, I'll just wait till they drop down in price.

People can blow money or save money however they want. It's really just what people value their time and patience to.

The biggest lose here though is the warranty, when buying through a non authorized reseller.
  • oOunknownuserOooOunknownuserOo Posts: 331
    Nexus 6
    My question is this:   If you purchase from another source - ebay, or whatnot.  If you receive a defective product will Oculus actually warranty the item?
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    My question is this:   If you purchase from another source - ebay, or whatnot.  If you receive a defective product will Oculus actually warranty the item?
    Of course not, it has been mentioned in various places (including earlier in this thread) that the Oculus Limited Consumer Warranty does not extend to units purchased from an unauthorised reseller.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/legal/limited-warranty/
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    There is no shame in this.  I wish you luck and hope you have great times with your Rift Galuz.
    Nexus 6
    andyring said:
    There is no shame in this.  I wish you luck and hope you have great times with your Rift Galuz.
    Thank you for such wise words.
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    I wasn't sure about pre ordering it on pre order day, but now very intrigued about virtual reality.
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Tbh I was fiddling with the thought of getting one on Ebay myself if my order would have been delayed much longer. Thankfully that's not the case so I can spend my cash in a more meaningful way: GAAAAAAMES :)
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    I did something very similar with the DK1 - paid an outrageous price.

And it was worth every outrageous penny   B)
  • LuscaLusca Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    People are spending a lot of money on the CV1, new video cards, new systems, and game purchases. Just don't max yourself out!

I suspect Sony's VR sales, with their lower price point, are going to be monstrous. Especially if they offer a package deal with the next PS4 (Neo). They need a good VR lineup though.
  • ThugThug Posts: 431
    Trinity
    Glad you are getting it sooner than later, but I would rather put that extra £400 to an NVidia 1080 :-)
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    I seem to have bought from a place called gumtree, the guy wants me to wire the money to him before he sends haha..I told him, how about u send me the tracking information first then i will wire
    but even this seem doggy so i might just wait for it to arrive before I wire a cent, I think there is a lot of diggy crooks trying to make a quick buck!!
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 796
    Neo
    edited May 2016
    nAV2016 said:
    I seem to have bought from a place called gumtree, the guy wants me to wire the money to him before he sends haha..I told him, how about u send me the tracking information first then i will wire
    but even this seem doggy so i might just wait for it to arrive before I wire a cent, I think there is a lot of diggy crooks trying to make a quick buck!!
    Theres no way I would do that, even if he sent you tracking information. It wouldn't be hard to send you a worthless box the same size and weight as the Vive would be. At the same time if I was the seller I would require payment first before I sent any item regardless of value. I have sold things on gumtree before and people have paid me first and I have sent them the items, done this with a motherboard and set of Bose companion 5 speakers. In both these cases everything was fine, but I wouldn't take the chance with something of that value.

I bought my DK2 from gumtree and I travelled over 2 hours by train to pick it up. I bought a Vive of another forum but ive been a member there for years as was the seller and we both had good trading feedback there so I felt safe enough to send money first (also the seller wasn't skimming and only charged cost + delivery to send it to me)

Personally I would just try to be patient and wait for your pre order or retail where you will have no problems with any warranty issues and it will be cheaper, but if you really want to get one earlier, id stick with ebay where you would have some comeback through ebay/paypal, or gumtree if you can collect in person.

Nexus 6

I'm seeing rift for as little as £715!!

Btw are all the rifts the same? or are they region specific i.e. pal ntsc?

• xWandererxxWandererx Posts: 386
    Trinity
    AFAIK the pal ntsc standard is only for tv's
  • shim2shim2 Posts: 480
    Nexus 6
    IMO if you paid more than the price on oculus.com, you got ripped off.
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 516
    Trinity
    mambo1888 said:
    nAV2016 said:
    Theres no way I would do that, even if he sent you tracking information. It wouldn't be hard to send you a worthless box the same size and weight as the Vive would be. At the same time if I was the seller I would require payment first before I sent any item regardless of value. I have sold things on gumtree before and people have paid me first and I have sent them the items, done this with a motherboard and set of Bose companion 5 speakers. In both these cases everything was fine, but I wouldn't take the chance with something of that value.

I bought my DK2 from gumtree and I travelled over 2 hours by train to pick it up. I bought a Vive of another forum but ive been a member there for years as was the seller and we both had good trading feedback there so I felt safe enough to send money first (also the seller wasn't skimming and only charged cost + delivery to send it to me)

Personally I would just try to be patient and wait for your pre order or retail where you will have no problems with any warranty issues and it will be cheaper, but if you really want to get one earlier, id stick with ebay where you would have some comeback through ebay/paypal, or gumtree if you can collect in person.

Well despite everything. The guy sent me the tracking info, i told him i cant wire because the bank is closed, I paid through paypal ensuring an invoice was sent by the seller as this apparently offers buyer protection. The seller absolutely tried everything to get me to wire money to him but it was dodgy from the beginning and I felt it. Anyways he sent me the tracking info, i paid via paypal, the parcel arrived completely the wrong size and it turns out it was a watch he sent.
    Some people are such low lifes and the arsehole is still advertising:-
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/gaming-merchanside/oculus-rift-cv1/1169443265
    i AM POSTING THIS TO EXPOSE THE FOOL AND PREHAPS SOMEONE WONT GET CAUGHT!!

Thanks man for the warnings