Adventurer

f1cdk8sy3k1s.jpg

I paid.. ummmm let me calculate this, £950 - 532 = £418

I paid £418 pounds over the premium!!

Oculus baby here I come!!

67 REPLIES 67

Percy1983
Superstar

So you pay £400+ more to get the added benefit of no warranty.

By all means its your money to waste as you see fit, but if people just refused to buy them off ebay the scalpers wouldn't buy as many and we would all get the sooner.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
I wish you luck with your Rift, enjoy.

But, since it is officially not supported by the Oculus Warranty and after following the support page, problems with the proprietary HDMI cable, red dots, screens with lines through, one screen working, etc etc etc... you won't find me even considering buying elsewhere.. anymore.  I did, not that long ago.. I found one 10 minutes away from where I live, for £800... but I don't fancy losing £800.. so I let it pass me by.

CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had to convert to US currency to understand the pain.... $1368.95. I don't mind waiting till July!

OutatimeTV
Protege
Man, that price is a bit high. 😮

But I can understand you. I have bought a CV1 from ebay two weeks ago for 1020 Euro.
It was worth it because I had to wait six more weeks for my pre-order. :#

RobHermans
Superstar

PKRipper said:

Had to convert to US currency to understand the pain.... $1368.95. I don't mind waiting till July!

Believe it or not, those guys got pretty good deals. There are unopened, in-hand CV1s on eBay.co.uk selling for £1,199 which is $1,727! :#

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think of the people waiting till fall 2017, saying $600 for a Rift, no thanks, I'll just wait till they drop down in price.

People can blow money or save money however they want. It's really just what people value their time and patience to.

The biggest lose here though is the warranty, when buying through a non authorized reseller.

oOunknownuserOo
Expert Protege
My question is this:   If you purchase from another source - ebay, or whatnot.  If you receive a defective product will Oculus actually warranty the item?

RobHermans
Superstar

My question is this:   If you purchase from another source - ebay, or whatnot.  If you receive a defective product will Oculus actually warranty the item?

Of course not, it has been mentioned in various places (including earlier in this thread) that the Oculus Limited Consumer Warranty does not extend to units purchased from an unauthorised reseller.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/legal/limited-warranty/

There is no shame in this.  I wish you luck and hope you have great times with your Rift Galuz.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

god_alom
Adventurer

andyring said:

There is no shame in this.  I wish you luck and hope you have great times with your Rift Galuz.

Thank you for such wise words.