Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revive 0.5.1 - Now adds Oculus Games to your steam library

mambo1888
Rising Star
0.5.1 Update:

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/0.5.1

This is a hotfix release that adds logging functionality to the Revive Dashboard and Injector, the logs are located in %APPDATA%\Revive.
There have also been some stability/bug fixes:
  • Fixed a crash with the Revive Dashboard if it started before SteamVR has fully initialized.
  • ReviveInjector now ignores the current working directory when finding the libraries.

Just noticed that revive 0.5 has been released and sounds very promising. Will have to give it a go tonight.

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/0.5
Changes
This release adds SteamVR integration to Revive. The Revive installer will install an application that monitors the installed Oculus Home games and allows them to be started from your VR dashboard. The list of Oculus Home games is refreshed each time SteamVR is started.
New features
  • Added Revive dashboard integration.
  • Automatically add Oculus Home games to your Steam Library.
  • Added experimental OpenGL support.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed incorrect IPD information being shown in Technolust (#45).
  • Fixed incorrect tracker orientation (#20).

51 REPLIES 51

mambo1888
Rising Star
Just downloaded it and it looks great. There is now an extra icon at the bottom next Steam, Desktop, Vive - there is now revive. Clicked on that and there is all my Oculus games, only tried Luckys Tale but it seems to be working perfect. 

JED44
Rising Star
I have an issue where I see revive and all the oculus icons, but when I click them it closes and nothing happens. I try to open luckys tale from the executable and it says 1.0.3 and headset not found. Would anyone happen to know how to get around this or have seem similar issues? 

mambo1888
Rising Star
Did you make sure Visual C++ 2015 was already installed? Everything I tried worked great except Mythos which crashed, but that just brought up an unreal message on the desktop. Did you restart Steam VR and you could also try starting with home open and closed. Mine worked with home closed but maybe your Oculus runtime was stopped? Also my OH, Steam VR and Revive injector are all installed in default locations, not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Am I the only one who is happy to have a game suite that isn't Steam? I've used Steam for a few years, and it's nice n' all; but I only used it because I didn't have much choice. I'm an old school gamer and I was used to buying gaming boxes at the store (e.g., Best Buy), and coming home to unveil the CD/DVD like it was Christmas morning.

I had great memories after opening: WarCraft 2; Diablo (the original); Stonekeep; IceWind Dale; Thief; Dungeon Keeper. To name a few.

It wasn't until I started to see the PC Game shelf decreasing in size that I realized the gaming world had moved to Steam. Thus I followed out of necessity.

Now with Oculus Home I feel like I'm back to where I was "in the good 'ol days." Standing in my Oculus Apartment navigating through a virtual list feels like things are right in the world again.

Just me? lol 😮

I'm not knocking Steam nor this cool update. I love the way everything is integrating; but reading the thread took me down memory lane. Apologies for the diary entry.

wickfut
Expert Protege

Zenbane said:

Am I the only one who is happy to have a game suite that isn't Steam? I've used Steam for a few years, and it's nice n' all; but I only used it because I didn't have much choice. I'm an old school gamer and I was used to buying gaming boxes at the store (e.g., Best Buy), and coming home to unveil the CD/DVD like it was Christmas morning.

I had great memories after opening: WarCraft 2; Diablo (the original); Stonekeep; IceWind Dale; Thief; Dungeon Keeper. To name a few.

It wasn't until I started to see the PC Game shelf decreasing in size that I realized the gaming world had moved to Steam. Thus I followed out of necessity.

Now with Oculus Home I feel like I'm back to where I was "in the good 'ol days." Standing in my Oculus Apartment navigating through a virtual list feels like things are right in the world again.

Just me? lol 😮

I'm not knocking Steam nor this cool update. I love the way everything is integrating; but reading the thread took me down memory lane. Apologies for the diary entry.

Yes, it's just you.  You're the only one who wants their game library spread all over the place on CD/DVD. I don't even have a drive in my PC, neither does my case have the space for one. I even buy the digital versions of PS4 games. 
It's actually a pain in the arse having GOG, Origin and Uplay. I wish they could all be in one place. 

mambo1888
Rising Star
@Zenbane I prefer Oculus Home to steam but at the moment I only have my Vive and my CV1 is about a month away so at the moment this lets me play my Oculus Home games on my Vive which is quite cool.

They both have positives and negatives but I found Oculus Home very user friendly, it still needs work but its new and will evolve into something very good im sure. Steam too has its positives like being able to buy credit which you can usually get for about 90% of the value, I would say the reviews are a good thing but they can also be manipulated. 

As for content Steam has more but it has a lot of dross where as I think Oculus Home had less but better quality. 

I don't see the harm in using both and I will have too as I will have both a Vive and Rift, but I would like it if there was a good 3rd party VR app that let you have all your VR content in one place and load up games on either steam vr or Oculus Home.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@mambo1888 - definitely no harm at all in using both. In fact, lately I've been using Steam VR to play "Legend of Grimrock 2" using the VR Theater. It's pretty cool playing standard games this way, although the screen judders/flickers from time to time. But like all things, in time I'm sure both Steam VR and Oculus Home will make great strides.

I guess I was just speaking more towards the nostalgia that Oculus Home delivers; and I was curious if anyone else encountered it. 😉

mambo1888
Rising Star
@Zenbane I tried playing a couple of games on the virtual theatre mode in VorpX back with the DK2, it seemed pretty smooth, Ive not tried the steam version. It was quite good fun but I didn't play for too long as since I started playing in VR my interest in playing anything non vr is not there anymore. 

Your right about Steam VR and Oculus Home, they will both progress over time and im sure a healthy rivalry between the two will help them both succeed and improve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Just me? lol 😮

I sort of miss those days too. The days when you had to order a game by sending in a mail order form and then wait several weeks for it to arrive. Some of those boxes were amazing. I used to have shelves filled with PC game boxes.

But... it's the way of the world these days that few people still buy boxed games, CDs etc. Even films are heading that way too. Movie sales are healthy, but more and more people are downloading films rather than buying the DVD/Blu-ray. And whilst the boxes do look nice, and it just feels better somehow to hold a product you've bought in your hands, I appreciate the extra space now the boxes are gone!