Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revive 0.5.1 - Now adds Oculus Games to your steam library

mambo1888
Rising Star
0.5.1 Update:

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/0.5.1

This is a hotfix release that adds logging functionality to the Revive Dashboard and Injector, the logs are located in %APPDATA%\Revive.
There have also been some stability/bug fixes:
  • Fixed a crash with the Revive Dashboard if it started before SteamVR has fully initialized.
  • ReviveInjector now ignores the current working directory when finding the libraries.

Just noticed that revive 0.5 has been released and sounds very promising. Will have to give it a go tonight.

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/0.5
Changes
This release adds SteamVR integration to Revive. The Revive installer will install an application that monitors the installed Oculus Home games and allows them to be started from your VR dashboard. The list of Oculus Home games is refreshed each time SteamVR is started.
New features
  • Added Revive dashboard integration.
  • Automatically add Oculus Home games to your Steam Library.
  • Added experimental OpenGL support.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed incorrect IPD information being shown in Technolust (#45).
  • Fixed incorrect tracker orientation (#20).

51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

JED44 said:

I have an issue where I see revive and all the oculus icons, but when I click them it closes and nothing happens. I try to open luckys tale from the executable and it says 1.0.3 and headset not found. Would anyone happen to know how to get around this or have seem similar issues? 

I'm getting this too. Got a bit of unexpected free time today, so I'm going to have a play around and see if I can work out what I've done wrong. Will let you know if I find out what's causing it!

mambo1888
Rising Star
@JED44 @notsram There are guys having this issue and opened a thread on github might be worth keeping an eye on this to see if someone comes up with a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

mambo1888 said:

@JED44 @notsram There are guys having this issue and opened a thread on github might be worth keeping an eye on this to see if someone comes up with a solution.

Already watching it. But thanks for the heads up 🙂

Things I've tried so far... Downloaded the latest C++ 2015 from Microsoft. Deleted the old ones and installed these. Completely rebooting the Oculus runtime from the beta menu. Various restarts. Starting an Oculus game both with and without Oculus running.

No joy yet.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Where are your programs installed are they all in default locations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus is. Steam is on my 😧 drive. I installed Revive to my 😧 drive too, but have just uninstalled and reinstalled to the default location. I'm not sure it's a directory issue, or the games wouldn't be showing up at all in SteamVR, but I'll give it a shot with Revive in the default place 🙂

*Edit* those 😧 were supposed to be D : !!

JED44
Rising Star
@notsram thank you please let me know! I'm at work till later this evening so I don't have as much time to troubleshoot. Also I vote that that smiley should be the new D drive symbol lol. @Zenbane I do like the fact that oculus has its own store, it looks really polished and nice for having VR content all in one place. Though there are reasons steam has become the de facto game client in recent years. I've actually felt i was not being given a choice with other services like origin and uplay. I would rather have everything in one place. I only wish I could try oculus with my vive , but I just got my processing email so I'll see it first hand soon enough . Also I to miss the days of physical copies and nice game manuals to read on the way home. I've got 3 shelves full of all my old console games and there was something really satisfying about having the entire trilogy of something next to each other. But the extra space is also nice to have now. So it's been a trade off I suppose.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

notsram said:
I sort of miss those days too. The days when you had to order a game by sending in a mail order form and then wait several weeks for it to arrive. Some of those boxes were amazing. I used to have shelves filled with PC game boxes.

But... it's the way of the world these days that few people still buy boxed games, CDs etc. Even films are heading that way too. Movie sales are healthy, but more and more people are downloading films rather than buying the DVD/Blu-ray. And whilst the boxes do look nice, and it just feels better somehow to hold a product you've bought in your hands, I appreciate the extra space now the boxes are gone!

I've sold off most of my boxes, but I did keep a handful that I just couldn't part with, like WarCraft 2, Diablo, and the original Thief series. Now I just need to take 360 pictures of them all, and I can browse them in VR! I like where the world is heading now 🙂

@JED44 - yeah there's no doubt that Steam as a functional piece of software is outstanding. I suppose in my case I would say simply that the game I bought through Steam never really felt like "my own." It felt more like leasing a car. Whereas with Oculus Home I finally feel like the games are mine. That may seem stupid, and maybe it's because Oculus Home has pillows lol; but it's just the perception that makes the difference.

I can't wait to see how these products look in Christmas 2020!

JED44
Rising Star
VR home retro mode - where you have to get up, sort through a virtual drawer of virtual game boxes to find the one you want to play, take the virtual disc out of the virtual box and put it in the virtual computer to play it. Nostalgia !

mambo1888
Rising Star
ZX spectrum loading screens in VR will be scarier than dreadhalls!!

JED44
Rising Star
@notsram hey I got it to work by downloading the new updated installer. Lucky's Tale is a lot of fun and a great way to wind down when you want a more relaxed experience! My family and I just spent a little while playing it and after all the room scale experiences we were all pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed it.