cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let us disable or dismiss "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications"

shockslayer84
Explorer
zwbpp2lccz79.jpg
Yes I get it, my i7 3770 is like 1 percent worse than the recommended i5 but that doesn't mean it's not VR ready.  It's not like i'm running an Intel Pentium 4.

Please, this message is very annoying and ruins the complete look and feel of Oculus Home for me and others.

Even people on Reddit are starting to complain about it and it will only get worse once more people receive their Rifts and start to download the software https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4d6gt1/stop_telling_me_im_unworthy/

I understand that you guys want people to be aware of how their VR experience could be poor if they aren't using at least the minimum recommended specs and that's why i'm not advocating to remove the message entirely, but to at least let the user dismiss or hide it once they've acknowledged it.

I know it's not one of those ground breaking bugs high on your radar but it would be nice to know at least that it's on the "to do" list of thing to address.

Thanks!
65 REPLIES 65

kernow
Heroic Explorer
My CPU should be fine (my not-overclocked i7 is benchmarked 30+% faster than the recommended). I suspect it doesn't like my older model GPU, though it does quite fine, no issues so far. But, still... yes, would be nice to able to disable the message, even if you have to run a command line (once) to disable it (you know, as a way to filter-out the totally computer illiterate 😛 from toggling it blindly).

NickytheHutt
Expert Protege
I will actually want that notification to stay there, because it's either that or no support at all considering who we're dealing with.

Squares.

jon
Heroic Explorer

I will actually want that notification to stay there, because it's either that or no support at all considering who we're dealing with.

Squares.

More seriously, it is astounding that Oculus has not only *not* fixed this issue yet, but hasn't bothered to comment on their position regarding it.  It's another point in a list that reveals a certain amount of arrogance in Oculus dictating abnormal restrictions on their consumers.

Regarding the returns of purchases: Who knows, it's somewhere between 'no comment' and 'if reasonably asked we'll honor the request once' vs. an established policy with routine processing in Steam.

Regarding 'buy once, run on any supported platform': "It's up to vendors to implement" vs. it simply having always been that on Steam.

Regarding inaccurate and misleading warning banners that can't be disabled: Nothing, not even a 'no comment' comment vs. the problem not existing in Steam because they use an actual benchmark instead of a shopping list check and know better than to unnecessarily antagonize their customer base.

In terms of low hanging fruit, a toggle option for this warning should be the lowest of the low.  That they haven't even addressed the matter reveals a lack of responsiveness to customer concerns.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need to be able to turn it off!  

My i7-3960X @ 4.4GHz easily surpasses an i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz in the PassMark single thread benchmark.

Motavar
Honored Guest
I would like to request a way to remove the annoying "Your computer doesn't meet the recommend specs" message as well.

I7-3770k running @ 4.6GHz on water.

o-Axle-o
Honored Guest
+1 for option to acknowledge and remove message.

Danos
Explorer
+1 for an option to acknowledge. My i7-3820 runs at 4.2 GHz, that's definetely enough. Besides from that, a GPU is much more important for VR gaming - everything runs like a charm on my GTX 980. I also don't know why the software wants me to update my Fresco Logic USB driver. Device Manager says there is no new update. Furthermore, it is not important if I have another USB 3.0 driver for different USB 3.0 ports. I don't use them with my Rift, so why should I disable those ports? 

Danos
Explorer
Okay... Fixed the update USB driver warning by using this (https://support.zoho.com/portal/frescologic/home) from the manufacturer instead of Microsoft's generic driver. But still get that annoying message because of my CPU... 😧

RobHermans
Superstar
A useful post by @BitVar to remedy this:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36677/permanent-fix-for-false-doesnt-meet-minimum-mes...

I haven't tested it myself, as I have an above minimum CPU. Looks super legit though. B)

narcolepsy
Explorer
I totally agrees, it's stupid for not able to dismiss it. 970 + overclocked i7 920 are ok for most games.