I ended up getting rid of my Vive and cutting my losses. I had a very difficult time dealing with their customer support who in several instances were very rude, I honestly think they are acting this way to provoke you into loosing the plot with them. The issue that I had was 7 stuck pixels in the middle of the right display that were visible during gameplay. Some people got an RMA and had the problem fixed while others got an RMA and were sent the headset back unfixed as they have decided its not a problem and "will not affect the whole user experience"
Just want to make people aware of this because if you have this you will need to report it in the first 14 days to have a better chance of getting your money back, as they are not going to repair them now, I would advise getting a refund and trying again if you really want a working one. Or wait till they are retail and get from Amazon as their excellent customer service wont put up with this from HTC.
Below is the last message I received from HTC customer support...
Thank you for contacting HTC Customer Support Center.
In regards to your reply, kindly note that we do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
In case if you are interested to send the device to be checked or repaired, please note that we will be more than happy to further assist in this case.
However, bear in mind that the repair center will return your HTC Vive unit with no faulty found as HTC updated us before that the stuck or the green pixels are from the SPECS of the HTC Vive and it will not affect the whole user experience.
Finally, it will be your decision by the end but bear in mind that we will not be able to change the fact that these pixels are from the SPECS of the HTC Vive and the repair center will send the HMD back with a quotation No Faulty Found.
We appreciate your feedback and comments.
Also, we value your time and patience.
If you have any other inquiries, don't hesitate to contact us again.
For further details, please note that you can contact us via support line or via email following the below link:
Thank you so much for using HTC products.
Respect & Regards,
HTC Technical Support Team http://www.htc.com
Just a heads up for anyone yet to recieve their Vive to check it out and act fast if you have a problem.
Original Issues, aside from stuck pixels:
I have been having a lot of issues with my Vive over the last couple of days and Im ready to throw in the towel. I was thinking that I will loose a lot of money Ive invested in Games but I just looked and they are all purchased less than 14 days ago and played under 2 hours, and any that are playable with Rift I can keep, so I should hopefully be able to get them refunded.
I am having issues with base stations not connecting, had issues with controllers not working properly and the steam VR app was not functioning properly. Tried lots of things, including repairing controllers, using sync cable for base stations, restarts, re doing setup etc, but I have lost confidence that I can get it set up and it will just keep working.
Ive been through all the troubleshooting guides but doesn't seem to help. Unfortunately the HTC Vive equivalent of these forums on Steam I have found not to be very good and not as helpful
I hadnt used my DK2 for a while and when I found out it worked with the new Oculus Home 1.3 I decided to give it a go. It was given a whole new lease of life and everything just worked plain and simple. It got me excited about VR again and I ended up getting a Vive as I still had a while before my CV1 was due. Since getting the Vive it feels like a step back in many ways, having to mess about trying to get things working as they should, like my time with the Development Kit. I could live with all the messing about with the DK2 because thats what I signed up for when I bought a development kit, but this is £800 consumer product (I know its still very early but still I cant help get annoyed when it keeps throwing problems)
My rifts shipping estimate is by the 16th of next month, so Im seriously considering giving up on the Vive and trying to get my games refunded while I still can, and come back to the Vive when the problems are ironed out or Vive 2. Wish I never sold my DK2 now as my decision would be a lot easier.
What to do??