cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars VR Settings

mambo1888
Rising Star
I was originally having trouble getting Project Cars looking and playing good after the last update, Ive finally got it back to the way it was before. Ive still got to mess about with some of the Visual FX settings to see what makes a difference but here is the settings I have at the moment and its working great on my system. I think the main culprit to why I was having issues was the grass setting, I will try that a bit later on. I just raised the graphics gradually restarting the game each time and making sure it wasn't juddery. If anyone else wants to post up there settings along with there system specs that would be great so we can trying and make improvements here and there...

I should note that I thought the resolution setting affected the HMD but I tried a few different resolutions this morning and it seems I was talking out my ass, so Ive now set it on the lowest 640 x something.

My system:

Asus P9 X79
i7 3930K @ 4Ghz
16GB DDR3
GTX 980ti
HTC Vive

Visual FX

w200gi7satp7.jpg

Performance

fpaeeqtba14s.jpg

Hardware

nfuo8uiv9tca.jpg

40 REPLIES 40

HeadRusch1
Protege
Core i7-2600@4.7Ghz, 980 Ti Hybrid@1500Mhz boosted.  I have found there is absolutely no middle ground that is consistent for this game, tight-turns judder, grids of cars cause slowdown, weather is brutal on frame rates across the board, so there is no magic bullet setting.  After tinkering for awhile I've decided Medium with no AA or Low with AA, grass turned off, is a reasonable compromise. 

But if you're in a grid with the weather raging, we really need 1080 Ti's to make that work at higher settings and never worry about a dip below 60.  

mambo1888
Rising Star

Core i7-2600@4.7Ghz, 980 Ti Hybrid@1500Mhz boosted.  I have found there is absolutely no middle ground that is consistent for this game, tight-turns judder, grids of cars cause slowdown, weather is brutal on frame rates across the board, so there is no magic bullet setting.  After tinkering for awhile I've decided Medium with no AA or Low with AA, grass turned off, is a reasonable compromise. 

But if you're in a grid with the weather raging, we really need 1080 Ti's to make that work at higher settings and never worry about a dip below 60.  

Thanks for posting, the settings im using now im pretty happy with. Occasionally I get some stutter but its not too bad and for the most part its pretty smooth. Grass turned off I think has been the main benefit, I still want to try and fine tune the settings to get it as good as I can but much happier to just have it working again.

Wildt
Consultant

Same config as me, and same experience. I'm confident it's simply PCars that's hammering our CPU.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

SpyderSi
Protege
Didn't you guys get the memo? Assetto Corsa has support now, PCARS is no longer of any use :wink: 

Lemming1970
Rising Star
DS9X !!!! you guys must like low frame rates.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

mambo1888
Rising Star
@Lemming1970 mine is DS4X, I tried going above that and it caused major stuttering, DS4X is fine though.

@SpyderSi Ive only briefly tried Assetto Corsa the other night, I put the old Project Cars patch into the folder (Im using a Vive at the moment) but when I start a race it fails to load and just returns to the race menu. Any ideas whats wrong? Ive heard of this issue before but cant remember what caused it.

Wisdom
Honored Guest
Guys I'm not into car games but want a car game for the rift for demo purposes. Who knows, maybe I like cars in VR. Anyway, I'm after a gamey game type game, not a sim and I don't have a wheel. Pcars or Asseto? (or use a car in Arma with vorpx?)

mambo1888
Rising Star
Id say Pcars or Euro Truck Simulator 2 if your not bothered about racing, it can be got really cheap. If your in the UK American Truck simulator is about £5 on amazon at the moment

Wisdom
Honored Guest
DO you know if Euro Truck has support for 3d geometry?

mambo1888
Rising Star
It has native Rift support and looks good 🙂 not sure what 3D geometry is, in VorpX?