cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Support is a Pain in the ASS !!!!

SliderOverride
Explorer
Whats Up with the Oculus Support Team ?

I open a ticket 20days in the past,

My VC1 is defect (a fucking green line)

The Support confirmed that it will replace and the will send me a RMA Number, But nothing..

Every time i replay or open a new ticket it will closed (as solved)

WTF is this for a support for a Premium Product ?

I have since 20days my defect VC1 Rift and can not use it.

Have somebody a phone number or a email address or something else i can use to contact Oculus ?

Updates: 
@Day30 (30.05.2016) --> Still not solved !!! (>1 month ago) (unsolved Ticket time = 30days !!!)
@Day31 (31.05.2016) --> I have my label, and the Rift is on the way back to Oculus.....
@Day45 (15.06.2016) --> Still not solved no news from the support since 2 weeks waiting....
@Day47 (17.06.2016) --> Oculus confirms Rift will goe Out with next Batch waiting.....
@Day47 (17.06.2016) --> Yeah today me new Rift Arrived and @the moment she is working, hope also after some gaming time 🙂

96 REPLIES 96

Axacuatl
Protege
I feel sorry for you, and unfortunately it sounds all too familiar. You get standard emails which just show that they have not really read your request.
And as much as I understand the sentiment that being polite and friendly is the smarter way to approach things, it is very tough to get no response at all, wait for longer than I have ever experienced with any support organisation ever and have a truly grave issue (in my case money collected via Paypal 5 weeks ago, no delivery, Oculus pretending to not have the money) - and you just get the impression, there is no chance, nothing you can possibly do to even get anybody at Oculus to read your emails, polite or not.
So what are you supposed to do, if all attempts to get their attention have failed?
Stay polite and wait ? Seriously ? So what do you do, if it is June and you are still waiting for your 28/3 delivery ? July, August ? Remain patient and polite ?
I think there is a limit to the patience one can expect from customers being treated very badly.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Yeah i understand, but i am really pi**ed off, i pay 700€ for a defect product @day 0 via preorder the producs arrived by my site and is defect, then get 20days no RMA from the Support, so i don't know what i can do to continue on this 😞

When I really wanna get stuff done I explore multiple avenues of "attack" - so to speak. I will open a ticket and then jump on either the phone or on Chat. Of course, if none of those options are available then I'll send emails and literally start Tweeting my Order/Support/Ticket number while tagging everyone in the company I can find on Twitter lol

Creating forum posts that contain your Support/Ticket number helps too; but people will be quicker to act on it if you aren't saying "fuck you fucking fucker" in the process, na' mean?

Best of luck getting your issue resolved!

SliderOverride
Explorer
@Axacuatl can you not contact PayPal? They have the Transaction ID, and they can contact Oculus.

Bel-garath
Expert Protege
Cybereality must be the nicest thickest skin forum moderator I have ever seen. Seriously, the way he involves himself on these kind of threads and helps frustrated people out even with their nasty language sometimes is pretty remarkable. I think all of support should report to him.

Axacuatl
Protege

@SliderOverride: thanks for the advice, but I already have sent Oculus the transaction ID. But what good is that if they don't even read my emails ? In order to figure out what the issue is, it is not enough to look at the system screen saying "we could not get the money from that bloak" but they would actually have to read my support request in which they would then learn that Paypal in fact has transferred the funds and their system just got it wrong for some reason.

Well, clock's ticking for my Oculus adventure which started in 2012. T-10d

SliderOverride
Explorer
BTW:    Its now Monday 12PM and "no label email arrived in my Inbox or in my Spam folder.

Still waiting for the Support Teams answer, and if they answer i am sure they say "Please waite longer it can take some time OMG, not sure if the plan is to play this game with me up to the warranty has expired ?

Lets waite again ....

sandivuk
Expert Protege
I'm still waiting too. I wonder how long they can keep putting people off before this becomes a PR nightmare for them? Timely support is nonexist here

SliderOverride
Explorer
haha true, was also thinking if there is no reaction anymore to record a Youtube video.

i am a big fan of Oculus, i have a DK1 DK2 and a defect CV1, and now the first time i have to use the Support (just for a RMA) what a disaster.

blanes
Rising Star
Crikey ! I gotta admit that reading these sort of threads makes my tailpipe pucker ~ just hoping to get a Rift that is not fly-blown or filled wiht ploblems :#

neorifter
Protege
Thankfully, I have the resources to buy a Vive. After getting the "our team will look into it" response after sending them clear cut photographic proof of a bad cable, that was it, I ordered a Vive and I bet you it will arrive before I get a solution that works from Oculus.

Don't blame the techs on the front line, blame management and senior management for their lack of skills and foresight. They are the ones that set the rules and guidelines and they are the ones that are supposed to ensure there are no bottlenecks to include themselves not hanging up the process with their signatures.

Case in point, HTC has a live chat line, open for most of the day and into the evening 24/7. Even if they are slammed with a heavy workload as well at least they have better tools at their disposal than just a basic ticket system.

This company is heading towards another Gateway/Packard Bell disaster. Gateway had poor quality products and a horrible help desk system (I know I was a pc tech seeing it unfold), and in the end they are no more. Packard Bell was just as bad.