New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Support is a Pain in the ASS !!!!

SliderOverrideSliderOverride Posts: 83
Hiro Protagonist
edited June 2016 in Support
Whats Up with the Oculus Support Team ?

I open a ticket 20days in the past,

My VC1 is defect (a fucking green line)

The Support confirmed that it will replace and the will send me a RMA Number, But nothing..

Every time i replay or open a new ticket it will closed (as solved)

WTF is this for a support for a Premium Product ?

I have since 20days my defect VC1 Rift and can not use it.

Have somebody a phone number or a email address or something else i can use to contact Oculus ?

Updates: 
@Day30 (30.05.2016) --> Still not solved !!! (>1 month ago) (unsolved Ticket time = 30days !!!)
@Day31(31.05.2016) --> I have my label, and the Rift is on the way back to Oculus.....
@Day45 (15.06.2016) --> Still not solved no news from the support since 2 weeks waiting....
@Day47 (17.06.2016) --> Oculus confirms Rift will goe Out with next Batch waiting.....
@Day47 (17.06.2016) --> Yeah today me new Rift Arrived and @the moment she is working, hope also after some gaming time :-)

Comments

• RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    Have somebody a phone number or a email address or something else i can use to contact Oculus ?
    There is currently no support phone number, you can only interact with Oculus Support using the ticket system.

You could try sending a private message to @cybereality , he may be able to help your case. May I suggest that you calm yourself and cut out the cursing? You'll find that people are more responsive if you're polite and courteous.
  • Sloeri007Sloeri007 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    Agree with RobHermans, cursing or flaming will not help.
    though after 20 days without response i would probably have a hard time not doing it myself :smiley:

Hope you get helped soon SliderOverride.
    i'm sure that when Cyber picks up on this thread, you will get a reply soon from Support.
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    Don't get me wrong, my mouth can be like a sewer too, I just don't let it spill over into public areas! :dizzy: 

Seriously, the thread title, the content of the post, the tags...it might draw attention, but if you want actual assistance with your problem, it's the wrong kind of attention.
  • SliderOverrideSliderOverride Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    @Sloeri007 The flaming (Open a other Ticket)  was a idea to get a Support Person that can help,
    i know the Zendesk Ticket system, if a Support Person has Picket a Ticket its on there Ticket-Inbox, but if this Support Person is sick or in vacation for 3month, nothing will heppend with my ticket :-(
    I send Cyber a PM with the ticket No, not sure if he can help, i hope he can ...

@RobHermans
    Yeah i understand, but i am really pi**ed off, i pay 700€ for a defect product @day 0 via preorder the producs arrived by my site and is defect, then get 20days no RMA from the Support, so i don't know what i can do to continue on this :-(

• sandivuksandivuk Posts: 101
    I feel your pain as I'm in a similar situation. This company's lack of actual timely support really is shameful
    Hiro Protagonist
    Also a defect CV1 `?

Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    And the never ending story continue :( today i get a answer from the support (thanks @cyberealityfor pin them) that the rift will be replaced(same info that i still have), and i will receive a email with instructions, but nothing, no email (also not in spam) 
    Why Oculus play this game with me?

I reply to the ticket, but i think i have waite again 20 days for nothing, thats so frustrating!
    @cybereality can you help please again on this :-(
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the delay. Let me see if someone can finish this. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks
  • AxacuatlAxacuatl Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    I feel sorry for you, and unfortunately it sounds all too familiar. You get standard emails which just show that they have not really read your request.
    And as much as I understand the sentiment that being polite and friendly is the smarter way to approach things, it is very tough to get no response at all, wait for longer than I have ever experienced with any support organisation ever and have a truly grave issue (in my case money collected via Paypal 5 weeks ago, no delivery, Oculus pretending to not have the money) - and you just get the impression, there is no chance, nothing you can possibly do to even get anybody at Oculus to read your emails, polite or not.
    So what are you supposed to do, if all attempts to get their attention have failed?
    Stay polite and wait ? Seriously ? So what do you do, if it is June and you are still waiting for your 28/3 delivery ? July, August ? Remain patient and polite ?
    I think there is a limit to the patience one can expect from customers being treated very badly.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,887 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016

Yeah i understand, but i am really pi**ed off, i pay 700€ for a defect product @day 0 via preorder the producs arrived by my site and is defect, then get 20days no RMA from the Support, so i don't know what i can do to continue on this :-(

When I really wanna get stuff done I explore multiple avenues of "attack" - so to speak. I will open a ticket and then jump on either the phone or on Chat. Of course, if none of those options are available then I'll send emails and literally start Tweeting my Order/Support/Ticket number while tagging everyone in the company I can find on Twitter lol

Creating forum posts that contain your Support/Ticket number helps too; but people will be quicker to act on it if you aren't saying "fuck you fucking fucker" in the process, na' mean?

Best of luck getting your issue resolved!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Axacuatl can you not contact PayPal? They have the Transaction ID, and they can contact Oculus.
  • Bel-garathBel-garath Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    edited May 2016
    Cybereality must be the nicest thickest skin forum moderator I have ever seen. Seriously, the way he involves himself on these kind of threads and helps frustrated people out even with their nasty language sometimes is pretty remarkable. I think all of support should report to him.
  • AxacuatlAxacuatl Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist

@SliderOverride: thanks for the advice, but I already have sent Oculus the transaction ID. But what good is that if they don't even read my emails ? In order to figure out what the issue is, it is not enough to look at the system screen saying "we could not get the money from that bloak" but they would actually have to read my support request in which they would then learn that Paypal in fact has transferred the funds and their system just got it wrong for some reason.

Well, clock's ticking for my Oculus adventure which started in 2012. T-10d

Hiro Protagonist
    BTW:    Its now Monday 12PM and "no label email arrived in my Inbox or in my Spam folder.

Still waiting for the Support Teams answer, and if they answer i am sure they say "Please waite longer it can take some time OMG, not sure if the plan is to play this game with me up to the warranty has expired ?

Lets waite again ....
  • sandivuksandivuk Posts: 101
    I'm still waiting too. I wonder how long they can keep putting people off before this becomes a PR nightmare for them? Timely support is nonexist here
    Hiro Protagonist
    haha true, was also thinking if there is no reaction anymore to record a Youtube video.

i am a big fan of Oculus, i have a DK1 DK2 and a defect CV1, and now the first time i have to use the Support (just for a RMA) what a disaster.
  • blanesblanes Posts: 1,100
    3Jane
    Crikey ! I gotta admit that reading these sort of threads makes my tailpipe pucker ~ just hoping to get a Rift that is not fly-blown or filled wiht ploblems :#
  • neorifterneorifter Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thankfully, I have the resources to buy a Vive. After getting the "our team will look into it" response after sending them clear cut photographic proof of a bad cable, that was it, I ordered a Vive and I bet you it will arrive before I get a solution that works from Oculus.

Don't blame the techs on the front line, blame management and senior management for their lack of skills and foresight. They are the ones that set the rules and guidelines and they are the ones that are supposed to ensure there are no bottlenecks to include themselves not hanging up the process with their signatures.

Case in point, HTC has a live chat line, open for most of the day and into the evening 24/7. Even if they are slammed with a heavy workload as well at least they have better tools at their disposal than just a basic ticket system.

This company is heading towards another Gateway/Packard Bell disaster. Gateway had poor quality products and a horrible help desk system (I know I was a pc tech seeing it unfold), and in the end they are no more. Packard Bell was just as bad.
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    @neorifter
    100% correct
    Problem is that the Oculus Rift CV1 is much better then the HTC Vive

I played also with the idea to switch to HTC, but the Rift is much better, i like it, but i hate the support.

Hiro Protagonist
    Sorry, its not funny anymore !!!!

Normal i do not publish the ticket conversation, but its exact that what i predict

@Day24
    --------
    I'm sorry that you have not received your label yet!
    We deeply appreciate your patience and I understand that you are anxious to ship your return.
    Thank you for sticking with us, we do not have control over how quickly or slowly the labels are generated.
    Everything has been provisioned properly for your return.
    I apologize that this process has been taking longer than anticipated!

XXXXXXX
    Oculus Support

--------

WTF ?

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Again, I'm really sorry about this. Let me see what I can find out.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    Slider, I recommend you wait as long as you possibly can to show that you have been reasonable, then if Oculus still hasn't resolved it, demand a refund and if you still want to give them a chance buy from a retailer like amazon or best buy. This does two things for you, it gets you a powerful ally in the form of an amazon or best buy and you get much faster resolution if you get a bad hmd again (what are the odds right?).

Their reputations are now on the line, if you go to best buy to return a defective product, they are obligated to exchange that product for you or give you a refund right then and there. This works for any retailer by the way. And guess what, when you exchange the item, Oculus gets hit with the costs because they will have to take back the unit. They can't stall best buy or any retailer like they can with us.

Have you noticed that some products have this big piece of paper when you open the package pleading you not to go back to the store to return the product because it hits them where it counts if you do.

Amazon is even better at this. I have had phenomenal responses from Amazon regarding a tv with a bad pixel years ago. They picked it up no questions ask within a couple of days. That's why I always will buy from them. They know how to treat customers right.

My experience with my defective unit has cost Oculus future business with me. I no longer plan to buy the touch controllers. Why bother since I have a Vive on the way. As much as I prefer the smaller touch controllers, the good news is that Valve will make sure I will have options for new better controllers coming down the line for the Vive. Valve gets it. Oculus doesn't.

I would not do the youtube solution until you have waited past the average expected of a company. This is a tough call but you want to make sure you have a reasonable case that most would support. Then I would email every tech website out there and provide them all the official correspondence. If my case becomes as bad as yours I will join you.

As for Axa: You really need to hit paypal up and make sure they understand there is some kind of fraud going on so they will look into it.

Hiro Protagonist
    @neorifter,

I am from Germany, and we have no best price Shops like the US.

I hope i have not to waite until August for a new Rift as a preorder person.
    Hope the have a couple of spare Rifts for this case! If not i will run amoke!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Isn't there an amazon branch in your country? Surely they would work. In any case, keep collecting your correspondence and continue to wait until the moment is right. It sucks not being able to VR I know, I am in the same boat as you.
    Hiro Protagonist
    There is amazon, but nobody can deliver the rift.  My DK2 is working fine, but it makes no fun if you know how nice the CV1 looks.
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    I'm waiting for my label since 10th of May. Its ridiculous.
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Zuhook also a defect Rift CV1 ?

indeed it's ridiculous !!!

• ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    edited May 2016
    @Zuhook also a defect Rift CV1 ?

indeed it's ridiculous !!!

I'm not angry about defective Rift. It's not even about initial response- that was quick and helpful. but process of returning my rift is way too long :/  
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah me too,

But like to know if there are more persons with a defect Rift (Green Line on one eye).

Perhaps its a Global problem and there are 10000 Defect Rifts @the moment and this is the reason why this process take to long.