cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift CV1 stand

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
Posted this on /r/oculus just now, but thought I'd share here too.
3D printed parts, a speaker stand, a couple of threaded rods, and nuts.  Working on a prettier V2.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Otike

17 REPLIES 17

mambo1888
Rising Star
Looks good mate, I think having it stored with the display facing down is a good idea as there will be less chance of dust or particles laying on the surface of the lenses.

LV426
Protege
Nice!
Intel Core I7-3770K OC 4.2ghz Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling MSI Z77A-GD65 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr. DK2

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
Thanks!  @mambo1888 yeah, that was exactly my thinking.  

Also, it looks much taller in the pics, but in actuality it's just tall enough so the headset is about chest height when I'm seated. 

mambo1888
Rising Star

agenttoff said:

Thanks!  @mambo1888 yeah, that was exactly my thinking.  

Also, it looks much taller in the pics, but in actuality it's just tall enough so the headset is about chest height when I'm seated. 

Good idea mate, will need to have a think about where to keep mine now...

Category5x
Protege
Super cool!  You should offer these to the forum.  I'd take one.

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
@sbushman18 Thanks. 🙂  Might do that with v2 if there's interest, or on request.  I'll post when that one's finished. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
that looks really good man! Good way to get all the dust just to land on the plastic part :smile: 

I'm still too scared to leave mine out, it goes straight back in the box when I'm done! 😛

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
@CardinalStorm yes...uh...that's not at all distur...*runs*

@FrozenPea thanks. 😉  Yeah, I just got tired of the big box sitting on my desk, and this makes it even easier to just pop on whenever I feel like trying something out for a few minutes.  

I also need a Vive solution, since that's just sitting wrapped up on the floor.  There's a nice wall mount on Thingiverse, but I don't have a wall to mount on, so I think I'll either modify it to be a deskmount, or design one from scratch. 

mambo1888
Rising Star
@agenttoff 

I was inspired by your design and having a think about how to mount my vive and rift. I was looking at theese simply fitting 2 under the desk to rest the rift on and 2 in the other room for the vive. I was thinking of using a combination of tape and heatshrink to make them more padded and not leave indentations on the foam padding.