cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ? Sharing Oculus - how to handle multiple users.

funkiestj
Explorer
Should my wife make her own Oculus Home account to play so that she will have her own Oculus Home ID?  If she does this will she have access to all my games?

I'm using Windows 10 and she has her own user account.

Also, do you have any tips for sharing the actual HMD?  We all have different heads.
17 REPLIES 17

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Buy her one then u wont have to share:)

funkiestj
Explorer
So ... this place is useless for helpful information.  Back to that cesspool that is reddit, I guess.

funkiestj
Explorer
(be the change ...)

Oculus Home has this concept of user ID and friends so I tried creating a separate Oculus Home login for my wife's account so she can have her own Oculus Home friends.  Currently this is the wrong thing to do.  Having a separate Oculus Home account requires repurchasing game titles (not acceptable).

So for now my household 
  • logs into Windows 10 with separate user accounts
  • logs into Oculus Home with a single account (mine)
The separate Windows accounts seems to result in separate save file contexts (at least this was the case for Chronos).

Clearly Facebook/Oculus must have plans to fix the current hack of a household that shares a Rift & PC having to share a single Oculus ID.

Seaczar
Honored Guest
I wear glasses and my wife does not, so is there a plan to have multiple presets for others to use your Oculus with their specific eyesight requirements or do we have to run new setup every time for sharing?

xGMx
Explorer
Oculus should implement something like Steam's Family Sharing -> http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
I agree, the Oculus Home library needs a family sharing option
CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Elegor
Honored Guest
Yes, I'm hoping for a Family Sharing option too.  My CV1 should arrive tomorrow, and my Son will be getting the DK2, so it would be great if he could share the games I've already bought on Oculus Home like he does already with my Steam games.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has there been any hints from Oculus about this (family sharing) or has anyone found an effective workaround?   Some households have "his & hers" Rifts and each person in a household is going to want their own "Oculus Avatar".

GeraldEvans
Honored Guest
I found the Oculus avatar program here:  Oculus\Support\oculus-avatar-editor\OVRAvatarEditor.exe but while my wife ran it and created an avatar, it does not show above her account in home.