New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Project cars resolution

BAILEYDBAILEYD Posts: 40
Brain Burst
Hi what's the best setting I could go for in project cars because I just can't seem to get it right it seems juddery when going fast or there's other racers on the track my PC is Alienware x51 i5-6400 and it's got the nvidia gtx 970 and I'm running it to my Sony 55inch 4K tv thankyou :)

Comments

• GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Is this a VR question? (Just bought Pcars yesterday also, waiting to play it tonight on my Rift!)
  • BAILEYDBAILEYD Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Yes mate it's a vr question I can't seem to get the right setting in my oculus headset
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    I'll have to play around tonight, hopefully can get it working well myself. Does it look good on your tv, but off in the Rift then?
    Brain Burst
    Not really to be honest I'm not sure if I've messed the settings up it looks perfect on my tv through the Xbox one though
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 8,058 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016
    Normally, shadows and textures are big hitters when it come to FPS. Have you tried to reduce shadows?
    Brain Burst
    To be honest I'm not to sure! I've put what I can see down to medium settings but I'm not sure what resolution to put it on ie 1220x1080 etc?
  • augywrcaugywrc Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    i have it running on a slightly overclocked i5 2500k and a gtx970 and its runs really well i just used the settings it selected for me
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 8,058 Valuable Player
    edited May 2016
    @BAILEYD - I just saw that you said 4k screen. No way will your computer specs be good enough for a 4k television. You will need a Geforce 1080 that's due out soon for a start and then the processing power to run is all.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    edited May 2016
    With a 970 I'm thinking you'll have to turn off FSAA.  I'm having to tweak settings with a 980Ti and currently running 2xFSAA.
     It's a very demanding game in VR.
    Try everything to medium, turn off grass and particle, track texture to low, as you can't see it much when racing anyway, turn off Vsync and some of the post processing options like dirt and water . See how it goes, then slowly tweak upwards from there.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
    Brain Burst
    Cheers mate I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes thanks appreciate the help people :)
    Brain Burst
    Brilliant mate that's help a lot it's not juddeeing now and is very playable :) I'm sorry it's all new to me I'm just used to sticking the Xbox on and away I go cheers for the help
    Neo
    Pleasure bud, enjoy. Games amazing in VR. 
    Zotac 1080Ti
  • OutatimeTVOutatimeTV Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    We have discussed that here in the games section: 

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36522/project-cars-vr-settings
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 798
    Neo
    I tried to post the link earlier but my post got put up for moderation, never made it up for some reason. @Lemming1970 pretty much summed it in the post above though.
    Neo
    mambo1888 said:
    I tried to post the link earlier but my post got put up for moderation, never made it up for some reason. @Lemming1970 pretty much summed it in the post above though.

I think it's a forum glitch, if you go back page it will have saved part of your post as an auto draft, just complete the post and post it again.
    Zotac 1080Ti
  • mambo1888mambo1888 Posts: 798
    Neo
    I think it's a forum glitch, if you go back page it will have saved part of your post as an auto draft, just complete the post and post it again.
    Ive noticed that as well bud, but sometimes when you put a link in a post it gets put aside for a mod to check for spam or something, it usually doesn't take long but this one must have slipped through or the mods are busy with something else. You pretty much pointed out everything anyway. Definitely the grass, particle, AA and V sync seem to be the big problems. I found there was not much difference (framerate wise) putting the other settings to ultra from medium. I do keep meaning to go back and try and improve it a bit but not got round to it yet.

• ZandilZandil Posts: 977
    3Jane
    I'm on a 970 and it runs pretty damn smooth, one thing though, when you hit dirt and dust appears my FPS take a massive hit down to 30-40 FPS, not sure if there is a setting but either turn dust particles down or off if possible. 
    Brain Burst
    So if I have my PC running from my dvi to hdmi on my 4K tv this will affect the quality in my rift? Sorry I'm a little confused