cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cars resolution

BAILEYD
Protege
Hi what's the best setting I could go for in project cars because I just can't seem to get it right it seems juddery when going fast or there's other racers on the track my PC is Alienware x51 i5-6400 and it's got the nvidia gtx 970 and I'm running it to my Sony 55inch 4K tv thankyou 🙂
18 REPLIES 18

BAILEYD
Protege
Cheers mate I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes thanks appreciate the help people 🙂

BAILEYD
Protege
Brilliant mate that's help a lot it's not juddeeing now and is very playable 🙂 I'm sorry it's all new to me I'm just used to sticking the Xbox on and away I go cheers for the help

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Pleasure bud, enjoy. Games amazing in VR. 
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

OutatimeTV
Protege
We have discussed that here in the games section: 

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36522/project-cars-vr-settings

mambo1888
Rising Star

I tried to post the link earlier but my post got put up for moderation, never made it up for some reason. @Lemming1970 pretty much summed it in the post above though.

Lemming1970
Rising Star

mambo1888 said:

I tried to post the link earlier but my post got put up for moderation, never made it up for some reason. @Lemming1970 pretty much summed it in the post above though.

I think it's a forum glitch, if you go back page it will have saved part of your post as an auto draft, just complete the post and post it again.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

mambo1888
Rising Star

I think it's a forum glitch, if you go back page it will have saved part of your post as an auto draft, just complete the post and post it again.

Ive noticed that as well bud, but sometimes when you put a link in a post it gets put aside for a mod to check for spam or something, it usually doesn't take long but this one must have slipped through or the mods are busy with something else. You pretty much pointed out everything anyway. Definitely the grass, particle, AA and V sync seem to be the big problems. I found there was not much difference (framerate wise) putting the other settings to ultra from medium. I do keep meaning to go back and try and improve it a bit but not got round to it yet.

Zandil
Rising Star
I'm on a 970 and it runs pretty damn smooth, one thing though, when you hit dirt and dust appears my FPS take a massive hit down to 30-40 FPS, not sure if there is a setting but either turn dust particles down or off if possible. 

BAILEYD
Protege
So if I have my PC running from my dvi to hdmi on my 4K tv this will affect the quality in my rift? Sorry I'm a little confused