cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

BitVar
Protege

AdKiuCM said:

This registry workaround is probably fine, but it misses the point. I do not want to be forced to cheat the system changing CPU name. Also in my case I have got multiple USB 3.0 controllers. Rift will be plugged into compatible while other "non-compatible" will be used with other equipment.

What you are asking probably won't change so either accept the workaround or continue to be pissy for no good reason.

ThunderSqueak
Explorer
Tbh, I think the message should have a way to turn it off as their check algorithm is very flawed.  I could see it being there if for instance, if it actually did a benchmark on the system before deciding that your performance is not up to par.  

That being said, too bad it can't be turned into something useful, like say...  twitter or facebook feed.

The-Pope-Of-Gro
Honored Guest
Am i missing something. . .? . .  where to start. .  its a CPU compatibility issue, i have (on loan) an AMD 9590fx 8 core running at 4.8 ghz . .  the CPU compatibility screen says to check your CPU against the I5 4590 ( im assuming this is a minimum ) so all i have to do is go to the "PASS MARK"  and compare my CPU to the I5 4590. .  ok so iv done that. .  the AMD 9590fx has a passmark of 10265, whilst the I5 4590 has a passmark of 7209....it states higher is better. .  sooooo . ..  why is the AMD 9590 fx @ 4.8 Ghz not good enough to run the CV1 but an I5 4590 @ 3.30 Ghz is ??  even on a single core basis the AMD appears to slaughter the Intel chip (according to the passmark numbers) if the AMD flagship cpu isnt good enough then its only compatible with intel chips. .  ?? is that the case?.. 

TurtlePowerRift
Honored Guest
+1 for a way to disable the message. I'm in the same boat as most here. 

SOTBMP
Protege

AdKiuCM said:

This registry workaround is probably fine, but it misses the point. I do not want to be forced to cheat the system changing CPU name. Also in my case I have got multiple USB 3.0 controllers. Rift will be plugged into compatible while other "non-compatible" will be used with other equipment.

I have exactly the same problem 😕
Oculus, please, add one bloody checkbox to disable this warning!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have an amd fx9590 black edition 8 core processor running at 5ghz.

and laughably it "does not meet the recomended requirements" despite the fact that i have never once noticed a drop in framerate.

please, give us an option to disable this error. theris no concievable way that my cpu does not exceed the requirements, but this list of acceptable cpu's is blatantly intel oriented. putting lesser intel chips ahead of amd chips.

not that im saying amd chips are better than intel, but certainly the top of the line amd chip is better than the entry level intel.

MeioJo
Expert Protege

A useful post by @BitVar to remedy this:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/36677/permanent-fix-for-false-doesnt-meet-minimum-mes...

I haven't tested it myself, as I have an above minimum CPU. Looks super legit though. B)

It seems they have removed that thread... now I'm curious.

And I'm also a +1 for allowing us to remove the message.. oh please.. oh please...

Why do we even need to ask? Do they intend to make this their stance?

Keylo415
Expert Protege
I just stumbled upon this thread.. I too have an I5 2500k cpu. My question is, does this message get in the way of game play , and if so how much?

jon
Heroic Explorer

Keylo415 said:

I just stumbled upon this thread.. I too have an I5 2500k cpu. My question is, does this message get in the way of game play , and if so how much?

Gameplay? no.

There's just
a strong correlation of people who overbuild their machines and people who pre-ordered Oculus Rifts.  To those of use with water cooled, overclocked 3770k's that stomp the minimum requirements, having to put up with a banner in Oculus Home and on every launch screen that flaunts our computer's age unnecessarily is a bit of a kick in the groin.  Business-wise, kicking your customers in the groin is high on the list of "you probably shouldn't do that" things.

See what you've done Oculus?

1wujckj98kbr.jpg

See how sad it looks to be told it's "too old"?

The CPU LEDs don't even light up anymore it's so depressed. 

Keylo415
Expert Protege

jon said:

Keylo415 said:

Gameplay? no.

There's just
a strong correlation of people who overbuild their machines and people who pre-ordered Oculus Rifts.  To those of use with water cooled, overclocked 3770k's that stomp the minimum requirements, having to put up with a banner in Oculus Home and on every launch screen that flaunts our computer's age unnecessarily is a bit of a kick in the groin.  Business-wise, kicking your customers in the groin is high on the list of "you probably shouldn't do that" things.

See what you've done Oculus?

1wujckj98kbr.jpg

See how sad it looks to be told it's "too old"?

The CPU LEDs don't even light up anymore it's so depressed. 

Thanks so much for the reply man. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to play my games correctly on the rift because of my cpu.. I agree this sucks that people shouldn't have to see the banner, and hopefully this is and issue that oculus will address really soon...