cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titans of Space PLUS now available on Oculus Home!

drash
Heroic Explorer
Hi everyone,

Today I'm announcing that Titans of Space 2.0 PLUS is coming with full CV1 support (including Remote, standing support, adjusted art to minimize glare, etc).   I currently have plans to release it on May 24th on Steam, and hopefully on Oculus Home soon.    And it is now available! 

I'm really excited to be working on this again, and I've added a few features and a little bit of content since the last PC version that was hosted on Share to get things started.

Here's the Early Access launch trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV7af4pYue4

Here's an article posted on UploadVR this morning:
http://uploadvr.com/titans-space-2-arrives-early-access-next-week-rift-vive/

And here's a reddit thread where I am currently answering any questions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k88po/titans_of_space_2_arrives_in_early_access_next/

The Titans of Space website has been updated, and here's a little snippet from there outlining what's new in PLUS:
  • The "Classic" tour, updated with full support for the Oculus Rift CV1, including Remote support.
  • Standing Support.
  • Side-by-Side Comparisons feature.
  • Gravity Probe Launcher feature.
  • Real Distance View feature.
  • Small content additions.
At this time (early 2016), the roadmap includes five more major features and modes, plus additional content for the Solar System, and fresh new content beyond. New features and content will be released in regular chunks, always polished and playable, and always built from the ground up for VR.

Thanks. 🙂

• Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com
59 REPLIES 59

oscope
Protege
Cool! I can't wait to try it when my rift finally gets here.

Sloeri007
Adventurer
Just pushed the buy button !
this was awesome on the DK2, so even though i don't have my CV1 yet, it is a no brainer to buy this one on the spot !

darkgaizat
Protege

drash said:

I suspect you chose the "Short" tour option in the beginning?  If so, then it will skip most of the moons.   Choose the "Full" tour and you'll see all the stuff that was in earlier versions (plus a tiny bit more).

And of course, it's Early Access, so more is coming in the next few updates.

I probably did. I'll check it out again. Great job btw!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome! Have to check this out again.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

benplace
Rising Star
Help! God Rays everywhere!!!!

drash
Heroic Explorer

benplace said:

Help! God Rays everywhere!!!!

You should have seen what it looked like with a straight port from the DK2 version!   Had to adjust a lot of art to minimize it.  I don't notice or think about it a lot after that.  But, I do recognize that this varies from headset to headset.  😕

drash
Heroic Explorer
Since this an Early Access title and all, just checking in to announce Update #1 has been released to the Oculus Store.  

Here's a changelog:
  • New "Closeup" feature.  This replaces the Zoom feature.   Bring the planet or moon to you using the right trigger on your gamepad or Remote's select button. This was done to increase comfort, and to allow the player to naturally inspect the planet right in front of you.
  • Updated Sun & large star appearance with animated surfaces and other improvements.
  • Added auroras to several solar system bodies
  • Improved bumps on solar system bodies for a more natural look and to avoid bump mapping pop-in.
  • Additional dashboard/cockpit polish (still a WIP)
  • Io is now shaped as a slight ellipsoid.
  • Juno spacecraft in the Jupiter Real View cinematic is now spinning at its actual rate in reality
  • Various UI improvements (still a WIP).
  • Fix: Saturn's ring debris is now hidden when viewing Solar System closeup.
  • Fix: May no longer fire up probe launcher while orbiting a body. 
And of course, development continues on some of the bigger upcoming features, so stay tuned...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Keep forgetting to try this out. This weekend I will check for sure.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

edmg
Trustee
I haven't tried the update, but the original version was very impressive, if a bit short (but maybe I selected the short tour as mentioned above?). I'd never really understood the true size of these objects until I saw them in VR.

Think I'll go and check out what changed. Looking forward to more updates in the future.

Edit: yeah, I must have selected the short tour before. There was quite a bit this time that I didn't remember. Also, I hadn't realized before that I could grab planets and turn them around in my hands... that was cool.

alungd
Honored Guest
Great work I really fancy this it looks awesome! Where's the best place to buy to support the developer, on Home or Steam or doesn't it matter? I guess I also like the convenience of starting stuff directly from Home and supporting Home so it grows and improves but wondered what most people were doing?