cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMD Storage!

Mermoden
Protege
Finally got a head to store my Rift on, just need a wide brimmed hat to stop the dust settling B) 

89jjcpkjn5jm.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be careful with that! (Sorry hate to be a buzz kill!)

If your rift is plugged in it will set the proximity sensor off and cause your screen to 'burn it'

Also it could also wear out your foam and straps with the constant tension putting forced on it all.

god_alom
Adventurer
That is so adorable.

god_alom
Adventurer
Where did you get it from?

Mermoden
Protege

FrozenPea said:

If your rift is plugged in it will set the proximity sensor off and cause your screen to 'burn it'

Also it could also wear out your foam and straps with the constant tension putting forced on it all.

I always unplug the Rift when not in use.  With the head being smaller than mine, here is no real tension.  
It is just resting by the top strap.  I will keep on checking the foam for any indentation though, you have me slightly paranoid  😐

Galuz said:

Where did you get it from?

It is an Ebay purchase, I just searched for 'mannequin heads'. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mermoden said:

FrozenPea said:

I always unplug the Rift when not in use.  With the head being smaller than mine, here is no real tension.  
It is just resting by the top strap.  I will keep on checking the foam for any indentation though, you have me slightly paranoid  😐

haha sorry, just something to keep in mind then!
I'm so paranoid about doing damage to my rift it all goes back in the box when I'm done 😛

Mermoden
Protege
Forgot about the stickers  :# 7oscs8cokmsr.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable
While it does look cool, I thought the Rift box was the best way to store the HMD - very high quality!

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer
You're going to wake up one day with that monster at the end of your bed.

god_alom
Adventurer
I can't seem to find the one you've purchased, could you provide me with a link.