cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRServiceLauncher Spamming the event log when HMD is unplugged/plugged

Lhun
Explorer
So far, since the 9th, there's 2313 error entries in the event log. It's also possible that this is causing a bug with windows 10 sleep mode. I've set OVRService to manual for now, but this isn't a fix... The log is flooded, constantly, and this is a really bad thing for people with SSDS. 

Any reason why this is occurring? 

http://imgur.com/pgTHbnd

23 REPLIES 23

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I have this issue as well.  OVRServiceLauncher errors every 30 seconds.  My PC just rebooted out of nowhere so I decided to take a look at the Event Log.  I wasn't even using the Rift, yet this service keeps throwing errors.  Plugged in the Rift and started Oculus Home and it is still throwing errors and warnings.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus Home and installed on a different drive.  The OVRServiceLauncher error is still happening every 30 seconds completely spamming my Event Logs (Going on 40000 of them now).  The strange thing is the Rift works perfectly, so these errors don't seem to effect the performance.  I will see if I can find a fix, but I will probably have to uninstall Oculus Home if these errors keep happening.

This is the error:
The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event: 
[SetProcessGPUPriorityClass] Target process did not respond in time
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Going to try a fresh win 10 install because I am running an upgrade from win 7 and have had some other strange issues.  I will let you know how it goes.  Looks like there is an upgraded bios for my board too :).

Got all the Win10 drivers installed for my various hardware and first thing I did was install Oculus Home.  Same errors every 30 seconds 😞
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

CMonster
Honored Guest
Same here - do you have any updates on this?

ross
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem.

BEARDEDFIGNUTZ
Protege
I am also having the same issue. Anyone have any updates?

BEARDEDFIGNUTZ
Protege

I have this issue as well.  OVRServiceLauncher errors every 30 seconds.  My PC just rebooted out of nowhere so I decided to take a look at the Event Log.  I wasn't even using the Rift, yet this service keeps throwing errors.  Plugged in the Rift and started Oculus Home and it is still throwing errors and warnings.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus Home and installed on a different drive.  The OVRServiceLauncher error is still happening every 30 seconds completely spamming my Event Logs (Going on 40000 of them now).  The strange thing is the Rift works perfectly, so these errors don't seem to effect the performance.  I will see if I can find a fix, but I will probably have to uninstall Oculus Home if these errors keep happening.

This is the error:
The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event: 
[SetProcessGPUPriorityClass] Target process did not respond in time
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Did you ever resolve this issue?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
No, it's still an ongoing problem.

Deaconnfrost
Protege
Noticed the same issue myself last night in event log. Windows 10. It's constant

eisenb11
Protege
Yeah, same issue.