cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement dk2 sensor

EricPratt
Honored Guest
I've been looking for a replacement sensor for my dk2 for a long time. I've been hoping either Oculus would offer the parts for sale or I can find one on ebay but no luck. Any options?
18 REPLIES 18

EricPratt
Honored Guest
Any thoughts?

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
contact oculus?

MikeF
Trustee
I think you'l need to get a whole new dk2 since the sensor is synced with the headset it ships with

EricPratt
Honored Guest
Oculus has maintained that they do not sell the senor seperately. They would send me one if it was defective. I am not under the impression that sensors/headsets are paired.

EricPratt
Honored Guest
Any ideas?

RobHermans
Superstar
I don't think the sensor and HMD are "paired" in the sense that you can only use one sensor with one specific device (like Bluetooth "pairing"), but in the sense that they come as a package and you can't buy one without the other. I tend to agree with @MikeF , but not for the reason he states! You would have to replace the whole kit.

out of curiosity I just checked ebay... DK2's are still going for around £350.. starting bids at around £150, I was expecting them to be cheaper now

RobHermans
Superstar
Indeed, I sold mine about 6 weeks ago, and I was surprised I could still get £350 for it at that time.

I was thinking of keeping mine as a piece of tech history but may think again!