cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor USB not detected

artvegam3
Explorer
I just got my OR today and I can't finish the setup because the Sensor is not being detected as a USB 3.0. I have a MOBO Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 that has 4 USB 3.0 ports, 2 in the back and 2 on top. I'm connecting the headset into the HDMI of the GTX 970 videocard and the USB into one of the back USB 3.0 ports, both are recognized as OK by OR setup. Then I plug the sensor in the other USB 3.0 port in the back and marks an error. I swap the USB 3.0 port connections with the headset and the sensor, but I get the same error. I plug back the headset and is marked as OK. I have tried in all the other USB ports, even the 2.0 but still get the error.
In the Device view in control panel, it shows the OR sensor and it says at the bottom that is connected at a USB 3.0 port. but is marked as an unrecognized device. 
Could this be a faulty sensor? or what other alternatives do I have to explore before discarding that possibility?
Please help. $650 USD is not a small amount of money, to get something that doesn't work out of the box.
Thanks.
44 REPLIES 44

artvegam3
Explorer
Update: I plugged the sensor into a USB 2.0 port and I got the yellow warning message but I was able to complete the setup. I'm pretty sure that the USB 3.0 ports are working fine, because everything else I connect there works, except for the OR sensor. Any suggestions? 

chrissaad
Honored Guest
Having the same issue. Crazy that there's been no official reply here

scottharmes6
Protege
I had the same issue on two USB 3.0 ports, but plugging it in to a third worked.  I'm not sure why.  I have had intermittent issues with some USB 3.0 ports in the past.

Zdrojewski
Explorer
Same issue. The sensor didn't like three of my four USB 3.0 ports, haven't gotten an error message since plugging it into the fourth. The headset hasn't had a problem with any of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the other problem around, the sensor works just fine on every usb port I try but the headset doesn't work at all (the orange led turns on but I'm stuck in the detecting phase)

okongsvi
Honored Guest
My sensor was not detected no matter which usb port I tried. Reinstalled oculus software several times in both Win7 and 10 with no difference. What worked in the end, with both Win7 and 10, was installing the oculus software on a different hard drive. Instead of the default c:\program files\oculus, I installed on d:\oculus and the sensor was finally detected! I have no idea why the install path would make any difference though.

Seehearnat
Explorer
I put the sensor plug into the cable that came with the Xbox controler, after doing so I've had no problems.

apolk27
Honored Guest

I put the sensor plug into the cable that came with the Xbox controler, after doing so I've had no problems.

I love you.

Gabkicks
Explorer
sensor isnt detected at all for me 😕 windows doesnt detect it being plugged in or out at all. The headset and hdmi work though. I tried updating ASmeda usb drivers and ran a windows update and still nothing. I'm on windows 10 64 bit and and ASrock z97x Fatality motherboard
Oculus rift DK2, 4790k, R9 290 crossfire disabled, 16gb DDR3 1866, Windows 10 64-bit, 2 monitors.