cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus @ E3 2016!

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Hi all!

Wanted to share a few images from the show floor of various demos for Rift, Touch, and Gear VR! If you missed the announcements from Monday, make sure to check them out here

We'll keep the livestream going today and tomorrow! Look for a closing message from Palmer at 4:30 PM PT on our Facebook page. 🙂

khbjyot7evvm.jpg84qvfye54pn3.jpg56de267hip67.jpg1tjozdwj1bsz.jpg

If you're here at E3, make sure to come by and check out the booth and demos.

Gypsy
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!
26 REPLIES 26

Dinasity
Protege
I wish I was there...  :s

Anonymous
Not applicable
so awesome, now I really want Touch, I need to try not get so hyped up as it's still far away!

Good to see Palmer again, wish he still interacted with the community but of course a very vocal minority ruined that for the rest of us 😞 

@Gypsy816  maybe you can convince Palmer to join the oculus forums 😄

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
That's possibly the million dollar question. Why doesn't Palmer post on the official Oculus Forums? It can't be about reach because obviously if anything is posted here it will filter out to other publications.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Posting on your own Official Forum isn't really something that is done; instead these leaders post on forums that have a sort of "elitists only" type of environment. This is a trend that started with Blizzard in the 1990's, back when the developers posted on a forum called, "Odgens Tavern." They rarely, if ever, said anything on their own Blizzard forums. I'm sure the trend could have started prior, but that's the most famous that I can recall.

Nowadays the "Something Awful" forums are the place to be to interact with developers and owners. Like Josh Sawyer from Pillars of Eternity. He was very active in his games Megathread on SA. He's probably still talking on the SA Forums since his game released its final expansion a few short months ago.

It would be nice if Palmer would break the trend, just not on this forum. Maybe if we ever get a private forum, for Rift owners, then Palmer and other decision makers will be more active with the community.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yes, Reddit could be viewed as an "elitists only" type of environment.  😄

I think nowadays for these individuals, and let's not forget, that's all they are. Posting public comments has to feel relatively safe and not an opening for being lambasted.  There's needs to be comfort drawn from a shared  mutual respect from the readers and I guess you can never really tell what someone is going to say, when many hide behind their keyboards and throw respect and courtesy out the window because they can. So, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I see nothing wrong in making a quick post and leaving it at that rather than engaging in fruitless discussion which as you know leads to the darkside and draws out the worst in people who feel they can be unjustly rude. I wonder if he will post on Reddit again.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I think it's less about safety - sharp tongues haven't prevented him from tweeting - and more about feeling special. And I don't consider reddit one of those elitist type places; I see it as a community where people who have been perma-banned from elitists forums end up lol

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Palmer did occasionally post here in the past. His account still exists as @palmertech but he hasn't been around in ages (he has no badges, which means he hasn't signed in since the forum update).

It looks like his last post here was December 2014, and his last sign-in was September 2015.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Assuming of course he doesn't have a throwaway account...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Definitely good feedback, thanks for sharing! We want more Oculus folks on the forums and you should see more and more interacting now that we have a new platform. 🙂
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!