cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus @ E3 2016!

Gypsy816
Expert Protege
Hi all!

Wanted to share a few images from the show floor of various demos for Rift, Touch, and Gear VR! If you missed the announcements from Monday, make sure to check them out here

We'll keep the livestream going today and tomorrow! Look for a closing message from Palmer at 4:30 PM PT on our Facebook page. 🙂

khbjyot7evvm.jpg84qvfye54pn3.jpg56de267hip67.jpg1tjozdwj1bsz.jpg

If you're here at E3, make sure to come by and check out the booth and demos.

Gypsy
Oculus Community Manager - kweh!
26 REPLIES 26

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well Gypsy816 Palmer is just one person in a well oiled machine, and I appreciate that it's a team effort where often one person seemingly takes all the glory. From my point of view anyone from Team Oculus with authority posting here would be most welcome. I think the majority of us are actually pretty civil compared to other places and we have a great team of volunteer mods (and Cybereality) who do their jobs well, so it wouldn't be so hard to engage a little here.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

danknugz
Superstar
How come no release date for touch was announced?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

danknugz said:

How come no release date for touch was announced?

I suspect it's because the release is still several months away, so announcing that date would only serve to upset people. You can be sure that if it was close we'd have heard something. Instead, they focused on the positive--the games in development.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think they want to do a quick release after announcing so they can say "its going to cost £XXX, you can pre-order it today and its coming out next month!"

CrashFu
Consultant
There are a number of possible factors I could see delaying Touch (or at least the announcement of its availability)

They could be waiting for games in the Touch line-up to be completed, since having all those games accessible on Day 1 is something they've been hyping up...

They could be waiting until more Rift pre-orderers have received their Rifts... (because a lot of people would take that as insult to injury if they pre-ordered and don't even have their Rift while some other guy has a Rift AND Touch)

They could be building up a healthy stock of Touch first, so there's no risk of repeating the Rift shipping delays...

Or they might be planning to do a Soft Launch to those of us with "reserved spots for Touch" from our Rift pre-order, and not announce a public availability until those spots are fulfilled (so as not to repeat the issue with people being able to buy Rifts from Best Buy or wherever while others are waiting on pre-orders).
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Oculus Touch and supported games like, Unspoken, are schedule for release by the Holidays. So, sometime between right now and 6 months from right now  :#

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
What would someone call that period of time - July through December?
I guess it would be the second of two parts, if one was to divide the year in twain.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

That's possibly the million dollar question. Why doesn't Palmer post on the official Oculus Forums? It can't be about reach because obviously if anything is posted here it will filter out to other publications.

He has posted here in the past - and he occasionally posts
under one of his aliases. But I think he rather posts within the special dev
only component of this forum.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well, I meant him posting here under the capacity of addressing the wider audience much like he has done on Reddit.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

Well, I meant him posting here under the capacity of addressing the wider audience much like he has done on Reddit.

I think those days have gone @Shadowmask72 – OVR is looking at a new way to redress some of the mauling’s they have received via Reddit and also the ‘Palmer-Tweets’!

Vague forum postings may not be the best approach for a company that is needing to redress its perceived image after the launch – and whatever fallout there will be to missing the H2 launch of TOUCH.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959