cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What timescales are we looking at for EU/UK orders?

Hector_LeMans
Explorer
Hi Guys,

First of all I'm not entirely sure how the rift order numbers helps you predict your position in the que (did a search and couldn't find the answer) however I'm order number 613000030****** with an estimated shipping date of 06.06.16 - 16.06.16, ordered around 1 hour after launch thanks to the site crashing. Can someone give me an estimate please?

I'm just wondering how were looking now with UK orders as I understand a lot of people were getting them several weeks before their estimated dates, is this still the case? Just want to know when the best time would be to transfer the funds over to my PayPal/billing account before I miss the boat!

Thanks in advance  😛

558 REPLIES 558

seijihg
Honored Guest
My estimate was 20-30 May then moved to 20-30 June and got it today which is 16 of June. UK-London

Greyman
Superstar
Got two of those smatree camera mounts that cyberreality suggested, second for the touch camera, and they mount good on my monitors

gagtoon
Protege

gagtoon said:

So...Ive had a play about with mine for a couple a hours..and Im sad to say i'm not part of the 'completely blown away' club.  The Godrays on mine are nothing short of horrific,  far worse then I ever imagined. If its true that the lense quality varies from unit to unit I've definitely got a bad 'un.

Bit of an update fellas;

The godrays were driving me mad so I stuck it on Gumtree,  A guy came round today to buy it,  I loaded up Oculus Cinema which just looks like a smudged and smeared mess to me and handed him the headset.  He couldn't see what I was talking about.  After looking round for a few more seconds he said he 'thinks' he can see what Im talking about..but it is barely noticeable.

So,  that kinda proves the godrays dont vary from unit to unit - its just seems to be that they affect different people in different ways.

I was gonna buy another one hoping I get a 'better' one but im not sure what to do now.  Im actually thinking I should have just kept it now I know (or so it seems) they are all the same.

I could definitely have put up with the rays if I knew I didn't just have a 'bad' unit - A rift with the rays as I see them is still better than no Rift at all.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

gagtoon said:

Bit of an update fellas;

The godrays were driving me mad so I stuck it on Gumtree,  A guy came round today to buy it,  I loaded up Oculus Cinema which just looks like a smudged and smeared mess to me and handed him the headset.  He couldn't see what I was talking about.  After looking round for a few more seconds he said "what are these plastic covers over the lenses for" and proceeded to remove them. He didn't notice what I was talking about and proceeded to buy my Rift.

Im actually thinking I should have just kept it now I know (or so it seems) thay are all the same. Plastic lens coverings and all...

I changed your story a wee bit just for the laffs

😄 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

gagtoon
Protege
😛  Dammit I've been rumbled.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
At least you made a profit right?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

gagtoon
Protege
Yup,  50 quid.

But if I order another Im gonna have to wait for it and it might have other issues (red tint etc)

Really starting to wish I had just kept it.  Despite my less than glowing initial impressions i gave on here i'm missing it already 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are speeding things up a lot now, They triggered a fraud warning on my CC on Wednesday so I got the  "we may have wrong details" email. This left me thinking it would be 4 weeks wait as others have had to reprocess but to my surprise I got the process email tonight (Friday). Hoping it will be here mid week 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are speeding things up a lot now, They triggered a fraud warning on my CC on Wednesday so I got the  "we may have wrong details" email. This left me thinking it would be 4 weeks wait as others have had to reprocess but to my surprise I got the process email tonight (Friday). Hoping it will be here mid week 🙂

Did you have have to do anything when you got the "we may have wrong details" email?
or did it process anyway?

Imeleon
Expert Protege
Received my processing email and money taken. Order no x36. 
Colour me excited.