cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What timescales are we looking at for EU/UK orders?

Hector_LeMans
Explorer
Hi Guys,

First of all I'm not entirely sure how the rift order numbers helps you predict your position in the que (did a search and couldn't find the answer) however I'm order number 613000030****** with an estimated shipping date of 06.06.16 - 16.06.16, ordered around 1 hour after launch thanks to the site crashing. Can someone give me an estimate please?

I'm just wondering how were looking now with UK orders as I understand a lot of people were getting them several weeks before their estimated dates, is this still the case? Just want to know when the best time would be to transfer the funds over to my PayPal/billing account before I miss the boat!

Thanks in advance  😛

558 REPLIES 558

Skizz
Expert Protege
I hope europe receives a big batch next week 🙂

H4TE
Expert Protege

Skizz said:

I hope europe receives a big batch next week 🙂

Ohhhhh yes, everyday i look for Emails twice. 😛

Original date was june while ordering, got pushed back to 4/7-14/7 i want it so bad......a working one please.

seyyeda
Explorer
My estimated dates were 6/6-16/6 and I haven't got anything, not even a response from support. Then I read people getting theirs a month early and it frustrates the hell out of me.

Bleppe
Adventurer
What frustrates me more is the whole "Best buy" bullshit they pulled off before sending out all the pre-orders...

Anonymous
Not applicable

drnoGAMER said:

They are speeding things up a lot now, They triggered a fraud warning on my CC on Wednesday so I got the  "we may have wrong details" email. This left me thinking it would be 4 weeks wait as others have had to reprocess but to my surprise I got the process email tonight (Friday). Hoping it will be here mid week 🙂

Did you have have to do anything when you got the "we may have wrong details" email?
or did it process anyway?

I updated payment info with same card details. Then on techy111's advice I sent a ticket to oculus, they replyed that it would be processed in the next batch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

drnoGAMER said:

They are speeding things up a lot now, They triggered a fraud warning on my CC on Wednesday so I got the  "we may have wrong details" email. This left me thinking it would be 4 weeks wait as others have had to reprocess but to my surprise I got the process email tonight (Friday). Hoping it will be here mid week 🙂

Did you have have to do anything when you got the "we may have wrong details" email?
or did it process anyway?

I updated payment info with same card details. Then on techy111's advice I sent a ticket to oculus, they replyed that it would be processed in the next batch.

I've done that too. But since the details are the same I'm worried they will fail again next time. 

Thug
Heroic Explorer
A mate of mine has got his so may have to pay him a visit.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

gagtoon
Protege

gagtoon said:

gagtoon said:

So...Ive had a play about with mine for a couple a hours..and Im sad to say i'm not part of the 'completely blown away' club.  The Godrays on mine are nothing short of horrific,  far worse then I ever imagined. If its true that the lense quality varies from unit to unit I've definitely got a bad 'un.

Bit of an update fellas;

The godrays were driving me mad so I stuck it on Gumtree,  A guy came round today to buy it,  I loaded up Oculus Cinema which just looks like a smudged and smeared mess to me and handed him the headset.  He couldn't see what I was talking about.  After looking round for a few more seconds he said he 'thinks' he can see what Im talking about..but it is barely noticeable.

So,  that kinda proves the godrays dont vary from unit to unit - its just seems to be that they affect different people in different ways.

I was gonna buy another one hoping I get a 'better' one but im not sure what to do now.  Im actually thinking I should have just kept it now I know (or so it seems) they are all the same.

I could definitely have put up with the rays if I knew I didn't just have a 'bad' unit - A rift with the rays as I see them is still better than no Rift at all.

Really regret selling mine.   Does anyone know how the 'one per customer' thing works?

If I pre order another one will they cancel it when they find out Ive already bought one?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ask them? Now the orders are getting sorted they just might let you 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.