cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rift headphones get random audio crackling...and then it goes away

Anonymous
Not applicable
it seems totally random, the audio is perfect like 95% of the time, but then the audio will start to crackle. it won't distort sound effects, just kind of crackle along with the normal music and sounds. and then just as randomly as it starts, it randomly goes away. i have no idea whats going on or how to stop it. it also doesn't seem to matter whats happening in game. it could be a busy scene, or totally empty
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, my rift cable isn't long enough for it to plug into both my video card and my front case usb ports...so either buy hardware that may or may not do anything, or just take the stupid headphones off and use windows sound and my own headphones. its just...the built in ones are so comfy and convenient 

Percy1983
Superstar
I am using a PCI-E USB expansion card which I had for many years and works great, Was getting audio problems on my boards USB3 slots.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this crackle noise, its an indicator that my sound is about to shut off completely. It takes about an hour or two to get to this crackle noise stuff so, while annoying, I can work with it. Resetting home fixes the issue for me.