cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quake updated for 1.4, CV1

phoboslab
Explorer

I finally found some time to update my fork of the Quakespasm engine to work with the newest Oculus SDK. Still a gorgeous game after all these years. VR legs recommended!

Download Link, a video and some more info:
http://phoboslab.org/log/2016/05/quake-for-oculus-rift

37 REPLIES 37

RABID
Expert Protege

DosBoss said:

Google the QRP (Quake restoration project), download the .pk3 file and rename it to .zip, open it up and copy the textures there and paste them into a new folder named 'textures' inside your id1 folder, you can also copy the ammo pickup textures and such out of its folder as well, however this engine doesn't support gun, enemy or world model textures unfortunately, otherwise it looks super nice!

thanks! looks great now

BomarrOrder
Honored Guest
Is there any way to disable the screen shake effect when shooting?

DosBoss
Honored Guest

"v_gunkick  0" in the command line should do it

BomarrOrder
Honored Guest

DosBoss said:

"v_gunkick  0" in the command line should do it

Thanks! That helps a lot.

NamelessPFG
Expert Protege
Just gave it a quick test run, and it worked well! Didn't feel motion sick hurtling around with ESDF, though the lack of a crosshair or laser sights took a bit of adjustment considering that my gun was still slaved to my viewpoint, quite unlike if you'd played ArmA with a TrackIR.

This takes me back to my first VR experience, actually - going to one of those LAN gaming centers in the late '90s and playing Quake, except this one time, I got a Forte VFX1 on my head and a Cyberpuck in my hand. I was just thrilled that this thing was actually tracking my head movements, and pretty well at that!

VR's come a pretty long way since then, to say the least.

RABID
Expert Protege

though the lack of a crosshair or laser sights took a bit of adjustment considering that my gun was still slaved to my viewpoint,

crosshair is under vr options

konstantin_loze
Explorer

DosBoss said:

I actually started working on bringing support to Quake2XP this weekend, going well so far!

Awesome, I hope it's with detached aiming likw Quake II VR

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer

DosBoss said:

I actually started working on bringing support to Quake2XP this weekend, going well so far!

Awesome, I hope it's with detached aiming likw Quake II VR

Touch support would be even better. 😄

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
This is so cool!  I just played a short session, it super cool to see Quake in VR!  Thanks!!

RABID
Expert Protege
so theres a new free quake episode from Machine Games   
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/quake/256566/machine-games-launches-a-free-new-quake-episode  ;
anyone figure out how to run it with this?