Oculus Rift Display Quality: Horrible - Page 7 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift Display Quality: Horrible

Comments

• Chewie71Chewie71 Posts: 142
    So far 7 pages to vehemently defend something only half of you have even tried, all for the benefit of maintaining the ongoing circlejerk session in your very own vacuum packed echo chamber. Why are you here if not to aggrandize yourselves to this mirrored belief system reflecting infinitely yet displaying nothing new?
  • xi11ixxi11ix Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    Aroddo said:
    xi11ix said:
    @Aroddo The reason you're being called a troll is not because you spoke badly about the Rift but because you did so in a very harsh tone and even went so far as to tell people to cancel their preorders.

People don't like being told a decision they made is wrong, especially when it's based off opinion.
    Actually, I told people to cancel their preorders and try it first hand somewhere, and then decide if the Rift is for them.
    Which is basically what I am being chastised for for not doing myself by the very same people that call me a troll.

Yes, but it's how you said it. You said to cancel first then try it rather than trying it and then canceling.

These details contribute to the tone of your post. These things matter because online there is no vocal tone, cadence, body language, or facial expressions to help convey your point. All people have are the words on the page so they will naturally attempt to extrapolate the missing information.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,099 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    lol - @Chewie71 read all 7 pages and then button mashed an angry response. The OP has some decent influential talent on the lesser minds, I must admit.

Things the OP did in this thread:

1) Claim that the Rift has bad imagery without showing a single photo of his Rift nor its imagery.
    2) Inform readers that purchasing a Rift is a bad choice, as clearly shown by his missing imagery.
    3) Plagiarize and Photoshop my own Rift screenshots, and re-post them as his own imagery.
    4) Call everyone poopoo heads.
    5) Complain about being chastised for all of the above.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 954
    Neo
    Yep could of just said 'i'm hugely disappointed with the quality of the display etc etc, maybe try the display if you can' An element of ranting in some of your post & that is never going to go down well. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,250 Valuable Player
    Aroddo said:
    lovethis said:
    @Aroddo - To be fair you have given use your first impression, but you know nothing about how VR works. That's the reason why you had such high expectations is all I can say. Just contact Oculus for a refund if you're not happy.
    "you know nothing about how VR works." 
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean? The issue is the crappy display and nothing else.

The displays are as good as they can be right right now, That's why Vive and all the others devices apart from Gear VR are using them. We are just starting to see better graphics cards that could use a higher display, but they cost a lot of money and VR would be dead if it relied on everyone getting this graphics card. The display will get better in time but they need the hardware to run them. What we have now is an introductory into VR a bit like when television was introduced in 1936  and has since progressed. 

The reason you don't get a clear image isn't because it's crappy display, it's because you have 2 lenses very close to the screen and that's the way VR works unfortunately. This will get better as hardware becomes available and more affordable otherwise VR would be a rich kids toy. It's already quite expensive as it is, so god only knows what the price would be with 2 4k screens and the Pc to run it all.
  • Bel-garathBel-garath Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    This thread is ridiculous. The OP has stupid expectations and is ignoring that the fact that the resolution is just fine for Gen 1 and immersion on a completely new platform. Every friend I have shown either my GearVR or Rift to has been blown away by what they see. Not one person has said, "OMG the resolution is horrible". Does it need to improve for subsequent releases, absolutely. Does the resolution take away from just how unbelievably fantastic the immersion quality is for a brand new way of viewing things, absolutely not. OP, get a grip, you are being pathetically absurd and maybe the reason why you are in the major minority for folks who have reviewed this who are both consumers and professional reviewers is because we just don't agree. Boo Hoo...my resolution for a new platform isn't 4K..waaaaaaaaah lol.
  • neocalericneocaleric Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Read the post and a couple pages from the replies.  Not sure if he answered a couple questions concerning his issues with the Rift so far. 

1. Do you wear glasses? Have you updated your prescription recently? I do use glasses myself. Supposedly need them cause i see a blurry mess from afar, but i can read stuff close just fine... or so i thought. Thing is my vision is quite blurry on the Rift without my glasses. Seems the screen is so close that my eyes can't focus properly anyway. I use my glasses now and all is fine.

2. Did you properly configure your headset? This has a massive effect on the quality you see on the display. Try to move it up and down your face and also use the slider on the bottom right of the headset (while on your head) to adjust the distance between the screens. By properly configuring those the image will be as good as the device intended.

Now, as people have already said, quality won't be super crisp like watching a full-hd normal monitor. You do see a lower quality image but it's nothing like what you describe.  Try the free app/video from the store called Introduction to VR or something like that. This video has really high quality.  Most video streaming apps like Within have even lower resolution and compression that makes it really not worth it.

I hope you find a solution to the problems you've found on your headset. If the intended quality still doesn't seem good enough for you, better wait at least a couple years for the next generation of VR devices. And for sure you'll be able to sell your Rift even with a profit right now.  People want to have this device. And most won't mind the lower resolution.
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Good on you, Arrodo for persisting with your thread.

Surrounded by oculus fan boys and child like ignorant stupid bullies, you keep the facts straight.
    Well done and more power to you.

My gripe is the dishonesty and arrogance of Oculus.
    Pretending that the "CV1" is a consumer or commercial product.
    Plug and play even !!
    Maybe if they had truthfully named and described it as another development kit we may have given them more leeway.
    So far the most excitement seems to be in the anticipation of delivery.
    In reality this contraption is very easily left to gather dust.
    Keep it up, Arrodo.

edited June 2016
    "Good on you."

That's my favorite phrase this month lol

@ColinB really hates "ignorant stupid bullies." Almost as much as @Arrodo hates actual "facts."
  • charlton_3393charlton_3393 Posts: 272
    Nexus 6
    I can understand your shock at the appeared lack of resolution @Aroddo, I felt the same way when I put on my DK2 for the first time, and I know the CV1 isn't THAT much better in terms of resolution, but I assume the SDE has been improved.

See the thing is, you are correct when you talk about a 5 inch 1080p display on a phone and you can't see the pixels and it is very high quality, but in order to focus on a screen that close and even more so get a good Field of View, the screen has to be 'Blown Up'  to a decent perceived size, like looking at the display under large zoom magnifying glass or even a microscope, and due to that you have a much more "In-Focus" look at each individual pixel on the screen, now most normal people will hate that since 20 years of display technology has all been about increasing perceived resolution and not decreasing it, as we have been spoiled in terms of display quality.

The other thing you were expecting was the Oculus to be just an overpriced fancy monitor that does 3D pretty well, it is in fact much more than that, a lot of people fail to realise that just as much effort if not more goes into designing the software that the Rift uses to run.

You can not change your first experience with the rift, you will always remember it for you being incredibly disappointed with the display technology... but don't worry :) Give it time and you will start to have very unique and personal experiences with the rift and eventually... one day hopefully... :tongue: the resolution might not bug you as much anymore.

See you in the Rift! :smiley:
    Specs:
    - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS
    - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard
    - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor
    - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU
    - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
    edited June 2016
    What's most interesting every time someone over-analyzes the resolution limitations of VR is the fact that the entire reason the world needs huge TV's at home, IMAX screens at the theatre, and high-end Monitors at our workstations... is because there was no other way to "immerse" ourselves in to a movie, application, or video game. It was the ultimate "compensation" syndrome: make it artificially bigger and clearer to compensate for lack of realism and stimulation. Or more specifically: to compensate for a complete lack of immersion.

Videophiles and audiophiles have wanted to "feel like they are inside" what is being experienced; but before the Rift and Vive all we could do is create the techno-equivalent of a Blow-up Doll and act like it's the real thing. Now that true Virtual Reality has arrived we can finally proclaim absolute immersion.

Yet now that we no longer have a need to continue compensating, we have people complaining about how the devices responsible for eliminating the need to compensate don't meet the criteria of devices made specifically to compensate. lol?

We are fully immersed, which means that we could have started at the beginning of resolution all over again (800x600) and it would be perfectly acceptable. Resolution requirements should no longer be measured the same once your face has been moved from your chair and shoved to the pixel level.
  • AroddoAroddo Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2016
    Read the post and a couple pages from the replies.  Not sure if he answered a couple questions concerning his issues with the Rift so far. 

1. Do you wear glasses? Have you updated your prescription recently? I do use glasses myself. Supposedly need them cause i see a blurry mess from afar, but i can read stuff close just fine... or so i thought. Thing is my vision is quite blurry on the Rift without my glasses. Seems the screen is so close that my eyes can't focus properly anyway. I use my glasses now and all is fine.

2. Did you properly configure your headset? This has a massive effect on the quality you see on the display. Try to move it up and down your face and also use the slider on the bottom right of the headset (while on your head) to adjust the distance between the screens. By properly configuring those the image will be as good as the device intended.

Now, as people have already said, quality won't be super crisp like watching a full-hd normal monitor. You do see a lower quality image but it's nothing like what you describe.  Try the free app/video from the store called Introduction to VR or something like that. This video has really high quality.  Most video streaming apps like Within have even lower resolution and compression that makes it really not worth it.

I hope you find a solution to the problems you've found on your headset. If the intended quality still doesn't seem good enough for you, better wait at least a couple years for the next generation of VR devices. And for sure you'll be able to sell your Rift even with a profit right now.  People want to have this device. And most won't mind the lower resolution.
    1. yes, i wear glasses. short-sighted, so everything from ~30 cm and further gets blurry, but everything up close is sharp.  I initially thought that would mean that I can use an HMD without glasses, but I apparently need them, meaning I have to deal with fogging. Reduced that problem by pointing a fan at my face and trying again on a colder day with lower humidity. And I actually scheduled an appointment with my optician for contact lenses, because I'm not quite ready to give up.
    2. Of course, first thing I did, and also after environmental conditions improved. Quality couldn't get any better with the tools at hand. The calibration crosshair is as sharp as it gets - for a given amount of sharp.

Right now the rift is usable without the fogging ... I now get the god rays but they are not that big of a deal.
    The best app I tried was the Showdown demo. Well done and runs butter smooth.

But - and that point kinda gets lost amongst all the kill-the-heathen attitude - the displays show a very noticeable screen door effect - or how I called it, a wire netting, because I didn't know that the problem that apparently doesn't exist at all already had it's own acronym.
    I guess you can ignore it, but you can't deny that it's there.

ColinB said:
    Good on you, Arrodo for persisting with your thread.

Surrounded by oculus fan boys and child like ignorant stupid bullies, you keep the facts straight.
    Well done and more power to you.

My gripe is the dishonesty and arrogance of Oculus.
    Pretending that the "CV1" is a consumer or commercial product.
    Plug and play even !!
    Maybe if they had truthfully named and described it as another development kit we may have given them more leeway.
    So far the most excitement seems to be in the anticipation of delivery.
    In reality this contraption is very easily left to gather dust.
    Keep it up, Arrodo.

I don't really have a beef with Oculus in that regard - after all, they want to sell their stuff.
    But the numerous reports I saw and read emphasized the convincing VR aspects and not the display quality.
    If you saw videos or screenshots, they overwhelmingly were recorded directly from the PC, meaning they were as crisp and clear as my own monitor can display them.
    I rather blame the reviewers and myself - and I have gained a newfound disgust for fanboys.
    I am and was not saying avoid-at-all-cost, but rather try-before-you-buy. But that's heretic enough to warrant automated immature attacks. I mean, who the fuck uses terms like "poopoo heads"?

I can understand your shock at the appeared lack of resolution @Aroddo, I felt the same way when I put on my DK2 for the first time, and I know the CV1 isn't THAT much better in terms of resolution, but I assume the SDE has been improved.

See the thing is, you are correct when you talk about a 5 inch 1080p display on a phone and you can't see the pixels and it is very high quality, but in order to focus on a screen that close and even more so get a good Field of View, the screen has to be 'Blown Up'  to a decent perceived size, like looking at the display under large zoom magnifying glass or even a microscope, and due to that you have a much more "In-Focus" look at each individual pixel on the screen, now most normal people will hate that since 20 years of display technology has all been about increasing perceived resolution and not decreasing it, as we have been spoiled in terms of display quality.

The other thing you were expecting was the Oculus to be just an overpriced fancy monitor that does 3D pretty well, it is in fact much more than that, a lot of people fail to realise that just as much effort if not more goes into designing the software that the Rift uses to run.

You can not change your first experience with the rift, you will always remember it for you being incredibly disappointed with the display technology... but don't worry :) Give it time and you will start to have very unique and personal experiences with the rift and eventually... one day hopefully... :tongue: the resolution might not bug you as much anymore.

See you in the Rift! :smiley:
    Yeah, the first shock is over. I got rid of most of the fogging and the 3D effect is truly astounding. Everything you say is valid.

But the main point of my original post still stands: Try before you buy! Because the display quality is horrible! Or at least much worse that what you might expect.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,131 Volunteer Moderator
    But and a really BIG but, that is your personal, through your own eyes with YOUR rift opinion. How do you know that all Rifts are the same ? I see no "netting" effect and has many others have said also. This is just getting silly and totally blah blah now and that's my opinion.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,250 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    The fact you see thing close up might be the reason you are seeing the screen door effect more then others. I don't see the screen door, but I do see the God Rays. I'm the opposite to you when it comes to my sight though, I can't see anything close up, but I can see things clearly over 2ft away.
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    @aroddo I understand that you feel you were tricked into believing that Oculus' or whoever's VR HMD is supposed to be HD clarity because of their monitor screen shots; but you need to really treat the technology in it's own category (2D monitors can't even display the amazing experience VR delivers) and forgot about your idea that it "seems" low resolution. Passing on your thoughts to others and telling them that the screen is crap, and they should try it before they buy is not an accurate statement at all. 

If you are trying to be honest with yourself and your experience, you need to first understand how VR works and why the resolution seems low. I, on the other hand, find the resolution on these current VR devices amazing! And that is because I have seen (pun intended) the development of VR screens advance; if you really want to see "crap" VR resolution put on the Oculus DK1 HMD....or better yet, find something from the 90's, then come back here and tell us that the CV1 is still crap!
    edited June 2016
    Ardoodoo says, "But - and that point kinda gets lost amongst all the kill-the-heathen attitude "

I think the term "heathen" is inappropriate, as it implies that you're saying things hard-hitting. You're not. It's just 7 pages of borelame with over-used web poopoo such as:

"the display is utter shit!"
    ^^ Pure one-sided exaggeration.

"I am warning people from an underreported quality issue."
    ^^ Apparently you're an undercover news journalist on the Public Web.

"If you can delude yourself into believing that you got a quality product then fine"
    ^^ Negative emotion towards anyone who is happy with their own Rift.

"if it is indeed the real thing and not some cheap Chinese ripoff"
    ^^ You let your racism make an appearance.

And those are just some of your quotes on the first page. You're not really a heathen; I mean, unless we're saying that "intellectual thought" is a form of religion. In which case yes, you are definitely a heathen in that scenario.

• xWandererxxWandererx Posts: 386
    Trinity
    no mention of computer specs Aroddo.......what are yours?
  • AroddoAroddo Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    intel i5 4690, geforce 970, 8gb ram, samsung evo 750 ssd.
    framerate in the demo apps seems alright.
  • dippaaudippaau Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited June 2016
    The more people gang up and pile it on you @Aroddo and seem blind or at least unwilling to see your points on the limitations of the current gens display tech the more this thread needs to be locked.. its getting a bit old and immature,.

Good on you for taking the time to continue to respond also for taking the time and trying different peoples suggestion to test our the rift some more.

Ive just installed a GTX1080 and using the debug tool to increase the supersampling to 1.5 and 2 depending on the game has made the image a lot better for me and at a level i find just satisfactory.

Edit: To clarify image improvement with super sampling, its not a magic bullet and it takes a lot of gpu horse power. I notice improvements to jagged lines which are smothed over, improved text, and addition detail in textures whichever i hadnt picked up on before. I am enjoying Adrift more this was where i noticed the nice improvent as its the game im playing atm, asseta corsa also looked better in my brief testing.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    dippaau said:
    The more people gang up and pile it on you @Aroddo and seem blind or at least unwilling to see your points on the limitations of the current gens display tech the more this thread needs to be locked.. its getting a bit old and immature,.

Good on you for taking the time to continue to respond also for taking the time and trying different peoples suggestion to test our the rift some more.

Ive just installed a GTX1080 and using the debug tool to increase the supersampling to 1.5 and 2 depending on the game has made the image a lot better for me and at a level i find just satisfactory.
    See when I do that nothing really changes. It does "feel" better - but I can't really say the image quality is that much better. Maybe I am in just the right sweet spot I can't really tell the difference?

If so - then that means a few things:
    1) Not everyone that's defending has the right setup.
    2) The hardware or software they are using is for some reason holding them back.
    3) Users are being too picky. Pickiness doesn't translate to everyone.

Reasons being is I have a Fury X - and this thing rocks so far for VR. The higher resolution space is a killer once I hit almost 4k is size, but before then, everything runs rock smooth. 

With that said - it almost seems like it break down to what the USER is using meaning any weird issues appear for a small group of users instead. Could be drive related (as I use a HDD - but I run a RAM disk to help curve the loading process) or software issue that user is running (like drivers, av, virus, third party software, etc etc).

Unless someone else is there ~ he isn't right nor is he wrong. This whole thread then becomes pointless in the matter.

To play fair - I will say eye sight does matter in this field of pickiness. I am short sighted meaning I can't see far away. I have AWESOME short distant sighting meaning I can see small cracks that a lot of people need a microscope for, but my distant sight is soo shitty I am legally blind without my glasses. I have put on the HMD without my glasses and I can tell you first hand the HMD looks like shit with out my glasses on xD

With that said, the HMD has made some people go see their doctor and it has turn out to be true that their eye sight has drop a little from their last visit. So again I'll repeat - without being there with their HMD; No side is either wrong nor right at this point.

OP, as it was said in the past - I would change your wording. Wording is KEY in this world. IF you say you are going to do something - you better keep that promise - in the likes, if you tell someone NOT to pre-order and to wait to test it first is a big slap in the face for the few that have gotten their HMD and loved it. Either way - the two camps needs to shut up and work on their wording if you ask me.

That's all I wanted to say - Thanks. I take no side in this argument because it's all a perspective view on hardware that's soo new it's pointless to be upset about at this time.

• jk1895jk1895 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I don't understand the rage here. My first thought after putting the Rift on was "the sharpness is very poor, could be much better". The Rift is the first HMD i ever used.
    Like the OP said, small text in Oculus Home is not readable. In the first hours of use i put my hands about 100 times on the Rift to readjust it, because i had this strong feeling it is not good enought. Then i thought, maybe my unit is faulty?
    Other things i noticed at the beginning: the god rays are sometimes brutal. I don`t like it. The loading hour glass or the Oculus logo is one big smear/goo. In total darkness i see weird gray pixels. Laying over the whole pic like a mask and are static. I don't now how to describe it. But this not a problem. The god rays are.
    The Rift is to small by the way. My second thought was "is this thing only for children and women?" I have a freaking huge head. My IPD is 72 mm. The Rift goes only to 71 mm. The straps are all set to max lenght. The headphones reach barely my ears. The shape of the facial interface is to small/narrow and its "pinches" a little bit.

BUT! For all that, the Rift is totally amesing! I like it a lot! I use it all the time. Can't wait to see what Oculus will bring us with the CV2! I will buy/preorder it immediately.

Thank you Oculus for this great toy!

PS. Sorry for the bad english, english ist not my native language.

• Arock387Arock387 Posts: 727
    Trinity
    I'm seriously confused.  Either that or I just happened to get a perfectly manufactured rift.

-the screen is clear and sharp.  All text is readable without leaning in

-sure resolution isn't amazing (I game on a 55" 4k tv.  I play in 4k) but I genuinely think its just find and perfectly playable.  I even say wow out loud at how nice stuff looks in Chronos
    - Played Elite last night.  Noticed some god rays.  However not NEARLY as bad as people make it out to be.  I'm not blinded.  it doesn't get in the way.  The fact the game looked SO MUCH CLEANER and brighter just wowed me and the rays i did see were an absolute non issue

edited June 2016
    dippaau said:

His points have been outlined:

1) He thinks anyone who disagrees with him is diluting themselves.
    2) He thinks that maybe he has a Chinese ripoff of the Rift.

Those are not points that smart people are unwilling to see, those are immature ramblings of someone who would rather talk poopoo on the Internet instead of articulating the problem intellectually. Never once has the OP actually taken a simple camera to his Rift lens. He has blatantly ignored all effort to prove his points. Instead he just types up more dribble and photoshop's other peoples images.

Also, "good on you" is not a real phrase. It is "good for you." I think that you are the same person who posts as ColinB - since I refuse to believe that the only 2 people in the world who butcher a common phrase magically found their way to this forum lol
  • xi11ixxi11ix Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    I think I agree with @dippaau . This thread should be locked.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    Arock387 said:
    I'm seriously confused.  Either that or I just happened to get a perfectly manufactured rift.

-sure resolution isn't amazing (I game on a 55" 4k tv.  I play in 4k) but I genuinely think its just find and perfectly playable.  I even say wow out loud at how nice stuff looks in Chronos
    - Played Elite last night.  Noticed some god rays.  However not NEARLY as bad as people make it out to be.  I'm not blinded.  it doesn't get in the way.  The fact the game looked SO MUCH CLEANER and brighter just wowed me and the rays i did see were an absolute non issue

I do wonder if there are massive difference from headset to headset. Can't really get my head around the issues some say are their and making unplayable. While others see them but they are of little concern, like myself.
    Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    dippaau said:

Also, "good on you" is not a real phrase. 
    Good on you is a very common and real phrase, likely of irish or Gaelic origin.

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2009/05/good-on-ya-mate.html
    edited June 2016
    "Good on you" is so similar to Triump the Insult Comic Dog's, "poop on you." But yeah, good on you all lol
  • IbegU2RiftIbegU2Rift Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Arock387 said:

I do wonder if there are massive difference from headset to headset. Can't really get my head around the issues some say are their and making unplayable. While others see them but they are of little concern, like myself.
    I dont think they are different, some people just expect 4k, and you won't get that. But it's still fine enough.
    And the SDE is at a minimum, you can only see it, if your really looking for it, and that is even hard in some condition's.
    Yes the resolution could be better, but it's still a freaking great piece of hardware, worth every cent.
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    edited June 2016
    Definitely worth the money, probably the best $1000 I've spent on my PC.  I just wish I hadn't bought a 970 in preparation for it, then I could spend another $700ish and get a GTX 1080 instead.

And then when the CV2 is out, of course, I'll buy that and then kinda wish I hadn't bought a CV1 because that would almost pay for the CV2.  Then I'll wish I hadn't bought a 1080 because then that would pay for a 1280 and...This is the way purchase regret works for me...
  • iczerjonesiczerjones Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2016
    Mradr said:
    See when I do that nothing really changes. It does "feel" better - but I can't really say the image quality is that much better. Maybe I am in just the right sweet spot I can't really tell the difference?

If so - then that means a few things:
    1) Not everyone that's defending has the right setup.
    2) The hardware or software they are using is for some reason holding them back.
    3) Users are being too picky. Pickiness doesn't translate to everyone.
    I think there is a lot of truth to that bolded part of # 2.  Some of the video apps, for example, are rather excruciating when you've used nothing else.  Also, some of the apps really do benefit quite a bit in some almost intangible way (like you describe) from higher supersampling.  (or at least in a hard to measure way when in the HMD, other than 'it looks / feels better')

Farlands has been one of my go-to's for this complaint as it has a great level of polish and actually seems to embrace the hardware that IS there to make the best of it.

TwoHedWlf
    said:
    Zenbane said:
    Also, "good on you" is not a real phrase. 
    Good on you is a very common and real phrase, likely of irish or Gaelic origin.

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2009/05/good-on-ya-mate.html
    I'm originally from the midwest of the United Stated (Chicago) and now live in California - I use 'good on you' ALL THE TIME!  =)  Probably picked it up from Doctor Who or my Brit coworkers, but it is a nicely descriptive remark of 'you've done well' or 'good for you!'.
This discussion has been closed.