cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble downloading/Connecting online *apps,etc.

irisH_
Honored Guest
I don't understand what's wrong but the apps aren't installing. The VR setup completed but all of the apps are stuck on 0 out of 100%
I downloaded the Rift app for my phone and sumsung VR app both from the Play Store.

Any help would be fantastic

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge unlocked on Tmobile network 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i think they do it to protect you from accidentally using your mobile data but yeah they need to make that an option!!

Only fix i can think of is using a mobile hotspot with another phone or those portable devices, sorry there is no easy way! Id recommend contacting Oculus and asking for it as an update as im sure others will want it too 😕

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

irisH_
Honored Guest
7d6nzn561chk.png 

It looks like this and I can't close any of the tabs either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

irisH_
Honored Guest
Thanks for the response. I was able to find one of them.

com.facebook.system 

But it was already turned on. 

I'm having trouble finding 
Com.facebook.appmanager 

I don't seem to have it.

Running android ver 5.1.1

8035cnhc91hq.png
znkf496bui2r.png

irisH_
Honored Guest
This doesn't seem to just be a downloading app problem. 

When I put the headset on and go to my profile it shows me as offline.

I have 4G LTE signal with an unlimited data plan.

It's kind of confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried it over WiFi? That could help see if you have a problem with using 4G with the app

As a last resort you could try to re-install it: https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/968822933206930

irisH_
Honored Guest
The apps immediately started downloading once connected to wifi. 

Does that mean the only way to use the samsung Vr headset is to be connected to wifi?  

If that's the case I'd rather return the product and be done with it as I travel often.
ss93bjzosutl.png

irisH_
Honored Guest
I had autoupdates turned OFF and update on wifi only turned ON 

So I turned autoupdates ON and update on wifi only OFF 

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work..the app downloading defaults back to offline status once not connected to wifi. 

So as it is it only works on Wi-Fi.. there has to be a fix for this?
8a7zhvaqsous.pngacvcc7axjor9.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i think they do it to protect you from accidentally using your mobile data but yeah they need to make that an option!!

Only fix i can think of is using a mobile hotspot with another phone or those portable devices, sorry there is no easy way! Id recommend contacting Oculus and asking for it as an update as im sure others will want it too 😕