cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

---> *** Oculus Rift Attraction at Six Flags Parks *** <---

Steve3D
Honored Guest

Here are pictures of Montreal Six Flags Oculus Rift Attraction.....

The Oculus Rift is becoming more and more popular around the world....at Montreal Six Flags Parc they have many Rifts ( 6 i think...) and You can try there up to 4 Oculus Rift Games for around 8.00$ each

- Alien Attack Standing up, you shot aliens with a plastic riffle
- Delta Plane You lie down on a padded table and fly around over the Grand Canyon
- Cockpit You site down on a chair and shot around in space
- Toon City you get on a real bike on a stand and ride around a virtual city...

The Oculus Rift popularity around the world in only a couple of months since its release is exceptional and amazingly spectacular.....a real success..!

82 REPLIES 82

Jose
Heroic Explorer
I've read about this somewhere else (mtbs probably). But I have never seen any photos of the attraction. Thanks for sharing!

Gateshot
Explorer
What's that word they are using to cover up the Oculus logo? Genial?

Steve3D
Honored Guest
@Xemakon

Montreal Six Flags Parc is in Quebec,Canada mostly French...so '' Génial '' is in French and means Awesome..!

mstdesigns
Honored Guest
Does oculus allow their logo to be covered? I think it should be featured somewhere in a subtle way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Xemakon" wrote:

Genital

saluk
Honored Guest
Very interesting. How do they handle everyones different eye configurations? Just wing it?

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
This so reminds me of the original 1990's appearance of VR in the sector - operators using the popularity of the dream to sell short experiences.

The issues with this Six Flag installation are:

- are they using the Oculus brand name? (if so thats a no no unless permission)
- have they a commercial use agreement to use the units?
- are they cleaning the units after usage?
- are they using content with permission for public usage?

The Oculus Rift DevKit is a 'Development Kit' and not for commercial usage, and with that the hardware is not suited for that sector.

We in Out-of-Home scene are planning to do public demonstration areas (for free at first), so it will be inevitable to see these 'unauthorised' installations pop-up.

Please send in any images of sites seen round the world.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

MannyLectro
Explorer

Genial is a french word, it means "Awesome" 😉 !
Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

Steve3D
Honored Guest
No where they advertise the attraction as a Oculus Rift VR but i think it's great oportunity for Oculus to make the Rift even more popular....i mean hundreds of thousands will have seen the Oculus Rift so it will without a doubt help sell consumer version of the Rift next year...

Ok those guys at six flags are Probably making alot of money with this but such a marketing campaign oportunity would cost alot of money to Oculus and they have it now for free....