cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need PayPal i have no CC (Credit card) Germany

SanLunar
Explorer
Hi, in Germany is this normal, we use normal Cash in Real Live and online > "Bank Transfer" / "PayPal".
I can not go shopping without CC!!!! :s
I need PayPal!!
---
Hi, in Deutschland ist es normal, wir nutzen normales Geld in Real Live und online > "Bank Überweisung" / "PayPal."
Ich kann ohne CC nicht einkaufen! :s
Ich brauche PayPal!
25 REPLIES 25

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Why not get a credit card?  Or a debit credit card?  Banks most of the world throw them at you if you even accidentally make eye contact with them...

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
What's the problem in getting a CC? 
I'm from Germany, too. I know that credit cards aren't as popular in Germany as in many other western countries. That's because the debit card or direct debit systems offered by German banks are very popular, they charge far less from the accepting shops than credit card companies. That's why smaller shops often don't accept credit cards.
But that doesn't mean credit cards are uncommon in Germany or harder to get than elsewhere.

Of course the request for more payment options like PayPal or direct debit is perfectly reasonable. Based on the experience with Oculus so far I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
CCs are uncommon in Germany. I have one and I use it very rarely. I mean VERY rarely. It costs money and brings mostly nothing, except you need a fast payment method for holiday bookings. PayPal is great and I would prefer that too.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

kwild
Explorer
The problem is (apart for a real non-sense Paypal absence) that a lot of credit cards don't works with the shop!I've start a ticket weaks ago and after some ilarious replys from the support guys,they are disapeared!!
You are doing well,Oculus!LOL.
i5 4670K@4,4Ghz -- 2x SLI MSI 970 Gaming 4G (Nvidia 358.50) -- ASUS Maximus Extreme VI -- 8GB G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB -- Windows 10 PRO x64 -- Windows Defender Antivirus

MR1984
Protege
You should start an online petition to request other payment methods and put that in a new global thread.
That way your request is more condensed and centralised.

Kaipirinha
Explorer

I know this is not the answer you want to hear but I am German as well and I have decided to wait until it is available for preorder at a German shop like alternate.de or mindfactory.de for a lot of reasons.
It means no insane shipping fee, german return policies and the payment methods you expect. I think we are relatively close to that point and you may not get your rift much earlier if you order with oculus now, maybe 1-2 weeks...

They already have the vive in stock, shortly after HTC finished delivering the direct preorders, which is supposed to be August for Oculus and Rift.
So you can get it in August from Oculus or late August / early September from inside Germany. From what I read I don't think that's worth the trouble of having to deal with oculus directly in any matter, be it payment, support or anything else...

kwild
Explorer

I know this is not the answer you want to hear but I am German as well and I have decided to wait until it is available for preorder at a German shop like alternate.de or mindfactory.de for a lot of reasons.
It means no insane shipping fee, german return policies and the payment methods you expect. I think we are relatively close to that point and you may not get your rift much earlier if you order with oculus now, maybe 1-2 weeks...

They already have the vive in stock, shortly after HTC finished delivering the direct preorders, which is supposed to be August for Oculus and Rift.
So you can get it in August from Oculus or late August / early September from inside Germany. From what I read I don't think that's worth the trouble of having to deal with oculus directly in any matter, be it payment, support or anything else...

Well,that's not the answer coz you miss the question!He is claim about the need of paypal in the Oculus store to buy apps,not for buy the CV1 itself (the absurd thing is that you can use paypal to buy the Oculus CV1 but you can't in the Oculus store to buy the apps...well,seems a bit psycho,but that's the way they are at Oculus!).

i5 4670K@4,4Ghz -- 2x SLI MSI 970 Gaming 4G (Nvidia 358.50) -- ASUS Maximus Extreme VI -- 8GB G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB -- Windows 10 PRO x64 -- Windows Defender Antivirus

Elunedra
Protege
Buy games on steam play on rift, steam supports has all the payment options your need