cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronos User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8twzdNMOek

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
62 REPLIES 62

nrosko
Superstar
The best atmosphere in VR so far for me so i gave it a 5, but i would only give gameplay a 3 at best. This is my big worry with VR as they will rely on the VR to be the only good thing & neglect the depth of gameplay.  

flibberflops
Expert Protege
I have seen so many positive reviews of Chronos that I brought it despite knowing it wouldn't be my thing. This was a mistake. I have spent 2 hours on this game and to be honest it feels like 20 hours! I just can't get into this hack, hack and hack again.... next room hack, hack and hack agian and so on.

For me there was a potential for a really good game here but the constant combat spoils it for me. Yes i realise that there are many people who love this kind of thing but I found it boring as heck.

On the positive side the graphics are well done and there are some small to medium level of puzzles (so far). I personally loved the 1960's abandoned base theme but got really dissapointed when it turned into generic RPG land. I found the controls I bit screwey too... for example, sometimes you would exit the screen on the left, only to find the next room you enter on the left... however if you keep pressing the left direction, you keep moving right across the screen?

Don't get me wrong if you are into RPG, this is a going to be a great game for you but please be warned if you are not into that game type, don't get carried away with the hype of reviews like i did

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yeah, I would have been fine with it staying with the 1960's Resident Evil meets LOST theme.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jon
Heroic Explorer
Visually stunning. I really like the setting. One of the more 'complete' VR games available in that it feels like I could compare it on the level to a console game bought off the shelf in a store somewhere (rapidly becoming a living anachronism).

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Is there anyway I can view the results of this poll without voting? I have not yet purchased Chronos and would love to see the overall results here... I know, I know... I need to play it.

Also - I love jrpg's and a good story line. I am not huge into Dark Souls or purely action combat based RPG's though - would Chronos possibly be something great for someone playing for the story line and not the action?

flibberflops
Expert Protege
There is a "view poll" option... it should be at the bottom of shadow masks 1st post above?

As far as Chronos goes... unfortunately combat is everywhere, virtually every room you enter.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The fact that combat is everywhere isn't "unfortunate" lol

That's like saying that Discussion Forums are unfortunate because they have words 😮

Also, in Chronos once you clear an area it stays clear. The monsters do not respawn unless you die, so as long as you don't suck you can kill the monsters fairly quickly and then focus on the puzzles. If you don't like combat, you definitely shouldn't buy a game that makes you pick between a Sword and an Axe.

Bleppe
Adventurer
Only just started playing but oh man is it fun! And stunning visuals. I don't like some of the camera angles though. I would've liked the camera to follow the player from above and behind the character, not the fixed positions that it has now. 4 stars.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The fixed position becomes quite entertaining during the later levels.

JRL
Explorer
A VR version of classic games.  Reminds me of resident evil the way the camera is positioned.  I'd go 4.5 if that was an option.