cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farlands User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
22 REPLIES 22

blanes
Rising Star
Good clean fun !

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Everything about Farlands is fantastic. When the Wibwombs start mimicking your actual spoken words... that was the best of surprises.

LZoltowski
Champion
Its really great. It's like a Virtual Tamagochi, very relaxing after a day of work to just go around and interact with the environment. A great stress killer. I recommend.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

InfidelArt
Explorer
I've been taking it slow with my VR games collection thus far, and I spend probably the most of my time in Farlands.  While the gameplay may not be everyone's cup of tea, I feel it's one of the best games to introduce VR to initiates after the Dreamdeck.  The content is interesting, the sense of scale is impressive, and the positional audio is very well done.

I'm glad it was free, otherwise I probably would have missed out on this.  I hope the developers expand on it in the near future.

CrashFu
Consultant
I love how it manages to throw new things at you right when you think you've seen it all. Creature behaviors you didn't expect to see,  Rare color mutations, a "monkey see, monkey do" sort of mini-game-ish encounter, some plot sneaking in late in the game.. and all with amazing visuals and some very charming voice-acting.  Anyone with access to this game should really give it some of their time and hard-drive space, since that's all it costs to experience.

The names the robot (Zoey, I think?) picks out for aliens do make me cringe, however.

Also I would pay for some kind of expansion or sequel, depending on the amount of content.  New areas with new alien types to observe, new ways to interact with those aliens (some mini-games to play with them would be great!) and maybe some kind of over-arching objective like a puzzle to solve.  To put it as Zoey would:  That. Would be.. AWE-SOME! :smile:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
started as wanderfull, but now is just grinding fruit to feed to the creatures until they do something new... i got bored 😞

DarkTenka
Trustee
The visuals are great and the humor is cute but the mechanics are boring for me and I'm struggling to get behind the teleport "work around" for motion sickness. Its jarring and un-immersive for me and ive had 0 problems with motion sickness from normal walking/running (I beat mirrors edge in VR in a single sitting 😉 it was awesome). I wish the Farlands gave me the option of normal walking with controller/mouse and keyboard but I couldn't find it.

Seems like a roomscale game oddly launching with a device that doesn't really support roomscale.

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Very polished game with excellent voice acting. Its gameplay is relaxing. The graphics and art style is excellent, one of the best looking Rift games out there.

However, it feels manipulative that it forces you to come back the next day to progress. I want to play at my own pace. I wanted to beat it in one session. It's not possible to do that. I never beat the game because I lost interest and got bored, and couldn't progress when I wanted to.

nrosko
Superstar
Fun for about 30 minutes. The space ship is awesome to sit in though.