cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR SD Card Support?

azn_spiderboi
Honored Guest
I have pretty much maxed out my Phones internal Memory, and I would love to transfer the Oculus Apps to the micro SD card as I have purchased a 200 GB SD card for my Samsung Galaxy s7. Is there a way to transfer these apps without any rooting or alterations? Will there be any updates to support this?
59 REPLIES 59

dazeran
Protege
Didn't take long to completely fill my Note 5 phone with VR apps and now I can't buy or try out anything else. I bought an sd card thinking I could use that but nope. I am stuck with 32GB and no way to get more.  I have no personal photos or videos on my phone, no music or mobile games.  My phone is essentially a GearVR dedicated device except when it is out of the headset I can take it with me to make and receive calls. Verizon filled a lot of space with useless bloatware that I would uninstall if I could and knew what I was doing. I love my GearVR but I didn't realize I would have to give up so much of my cell phone.  I am going to go hunting for a guide to uninstalling all the crap from Verizon without rooting my phone.  Anyone know of such a list somewhere?

dwaynek
Honored Guest
how ridiculous that GearVR on my galaxy s7 edge won't let me store app data on the sd card!!! fix this Samsung/Oculus!

Ba7ou
Honored Guest
This is a big issue

dcj91x
Protege
@ Ba7ou: This is an ignored issue. Most likely Oculus isn't worried about it and is more focused on their own VR the Oculus Rift. And Samsun isn't concerned because they'll just wait until the Galaxy 8 and fix it for that phone.

Tulip007
Honored Guest
Seriously? 3 months and no reply from Oculus on this issue? ALL USERS are affect by this problem! I can't believe such a mammoth oversight in the delivery of what could be a super product.

Feeling highly disillusioned.

rnrnrn
Honored Guest
Same here - let's keep on writing about it - maybe one day somebody will wake up....

eprodil
Explorer
Oculus/Samsung, please fix this issue ASAP! The fact that I have to delete my downloaded content to keep exploring apps is idiotic, specially taking into account I bought a 128GB SD. 

sostlind
Explorer

I have pretty much maxed out my Phones internal Memory, and I would love to transfer the Oculus Apps to the micro SD card as I have purchased a 200 GB SD card for my Samsung Galaxy s7. Is there a way to transfer these apps without any rooting or alterations? Will there be any updates to support this?

https://forums.oculus.com/vip/discussion/33435/sd-card#latest

Audrieau
Honored Guest
Me too. These are missed sales because I (and obviously everybody else here) won't or can't buy any more apps for VR UNTIL THE STORAGE ISSUE IS ADDRESSED.

CPOSharkey
Honored Guest
I will add my displeasure with the support for the SD card as well.  Again, having to uninstall apps to load new ones is ridiculous!